Help Required

I like wiggle-bum dogs :(

she was a really wiggle bum dog... for those who don't know a wiggle bum dog is a dog who wiggles her whole bum and not just her tail... and when i got home from work she would be standing at the window and her ears would go down and her whole bum would start wiggling you could tell she loved me just by the wiggling bum and then she would bark non stop until i took her for a walk scrub dog you were the best

you could tell she loved me just by the wiggling bum

and that is a lovely thing :0 Do you have a scrap book:) Those sorts of little memories/quotes would be a nice addition... then you could look thru it sometimes, and smile, perhaps, at the happy times .

I have a quote here on my desk.

"Don't cry

because it's over-

Smile,

because it happened! "

pumpitdog don't feel stupid. Your dog obviously was like one of your family and you are allowed to grieve for her. I bet she was a massive part of your life.

Perhaps your vet might know of a counsellor that deals with grief after the loss of a loved pet.

Kirty great suggestion. I will be keeping a mental note of this.

The Lort Smith in Melbourne have counsellors/chaplains you can talk to about the loss of a pet.

Pumpitdog I remember that wigglebum JR will always be close to oyu.

and you know why??

The old spit in the mouth trick!!

She will always be there right in your heart!

J

I like wiggle-bum dogs :(

she was a really wiggle bum dog... for those who don't know a wiggle bum dog is a dog who wiggles her whole bum and not just her tail... and when i got home from work she would be standing at the window and her ears would go down and her whole bum would start wiggling you could tell she loved me just by the wiggling bum and then she would bark non stop until i took her for a walk scrub dog you were the best

:( Wiggle-bum dogs are so expressive with their joy and love for life. She sounds like a real character!

There is nothing wrong for feeling deeply the loss of a pet. You have nutured, loved and guided that dog throughout it's life. We can feel safe and comforted in the love our dog reflects back to us. Some people who have not had such a relationship may not understand the depth of feeling you have. It's difficult to lose someone who has been your shadow, your confidant and your playmate. Find someone you can talk to so you can express your feelings, ask for advice on how to cope when you feel you are struggling. Never feel that you are walking alone, we are and have all walked that path. :laugh:

Pumpitdog if you feel silly, here is my pathetic story. I lost my heart dog Chief 6 years ago, he was my world. It was very sudden and I didn't get to say goodbye, he was only 7 and 4 months to the day.

I only went back to my house which I still own a couple of weeks ago as my home felt empty without him there, I stayed for a few months initially, I separated from my husband as he didn't understand. I am pathetic I knowMost people can't if you have that strong a bond.

I went and picked up his urn and brought it here to my new home and I finally feel better. I still cry almost daily but my heart isn't quite as damaged.

His plaque says "Chieftan" 4/4/96 - 4/9/03 My truest Friend, My Protector, The love of my Life. In my heart forever.

I have written in my will that his urn is to be buried with me. So please understand that there are plenty of others that feel the same as you.

Edited by casowner

What a lovely dog she must have been and how lucky you two were to find one another. Having to make the decision to let our dogs fly free is hard .

Please speak to somebody you feel comfortable with it will help you just talking about your special dog.

Planting a tree or shrub in the garden really helps .In time those wonderful wiggly bum memories and all the other lovely memories you

must have will be those you wake to.

"Good Friends live in our hearts forever"

Guest rhapsodical78

Oh you poor darling. We all understand how you feel, don't feel alone in this. I am not a trained counsellor but am willing to lend an ear if you want to chat. PM me if you would like my number - I am in Victoria.

No matter how you feel now, know that it will get better - it always does. :cooldance:

My old rotti who passed away last year was a "wiggle bum". Even when he lost one of his front legs, he could still swing that behind and do a mean bum-dance. I miss him terribly and I dream about him all the time. The comfort I have is knowing how much he loved me and I'm sure he knew how much I loved him back. Your local Vet should be able to recommend somewhere that offers grief councelling. Where are you located?

my dog was put down 6 weeks ago and i am not coping at all. can anyone help me as to who i go to or phone for help i am in a deep depression

I just want to say thankyou, I went and saw my dr who helped out . Previously I was too embarrased but after listening to you guys/gals made me realise I am NOT the only one (even if it feels like it)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Some of your words were fantastic and yes I am still sitting here crying while typing this but I have a little smile(of sorts...) from reading some of your feedback.

THANKYOU each and every one of you.

Good for you for being brave enough to speak to your doctor about this :thumbsup:

You are not alone, I completely lost it when my dog Kia passed away.

However 2 years on and I have photos of her up everywhere around the house, and remember the happy memories.

I was even able to get another dog who I love just as much, although she will never replace her.

I am SURE in time you will cherish the memories of your lovely wiggle-bum dog and get on with feeling good in your life. Our doggies want us to be happy.

Hugs and strength to you. x

I'm so pleased you had the courage to see your Doctor and even more pleased that you have found a community of dog lovers who understand your grief. Your sadness is real but so are your beautiful memories of your beloved dog :thumbsup: x

Most of us have travelled this path any number of times and I still miss my dearly departed cat and dog immensely. I tend to think that without the pain of losing we cannot really know the joy of having - I'm forever grateful for the tears because they will always be followed by smiles.

Take care x I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Thats really great news, you can come cry with me in a few days ( October 15th) when its my Rickys three year anniversary, and yep, everydsay I still remember him !

J

my dog was put down 6 weeks ago and i am not coping at all. can anyone help me as to who i go to or phone for help i am in a deep depression

I just want to say thankyou, I went and saw my dr who helped out . Previously I was too embarrased but after listening to you guys/gals made me realise I am NOT the only one (even if it feels like it)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Some of your words were fantastic and yes I am still sitting here crying while typing this but I have a little smile(of sorts...) from reading some of your feedback.

Hi pumpitdog,I am glad you found some help that has made you feel a bit better.Please do not feel stupid for grieving,we all do it and have done in the past and recently.He obviously loved you so much,and you loved your dog so much,it is a natural process to grieve,people do it in different ways,but the most important things is not to bottle it up,let the grief flow,cry,howl,sob,laugh,and remember the great times you had together.Also remember that your dog is missing you,just as much as you are missing your dog,talk to him,it may sound funny,but talk to him the way you did when he was there with you,i found after losing Doug,i would walk around,doing my everyday things,and i would be talking to him,asking him questions ect,that helped bridge a little gap of the loneliness.

Remember,greif wont last,but memories will.

Good luck to you,try to smile, and never forget the bond you shared.