Dockdogs!

ruthless

In case you missed this thread, we've been bringing Chopper to train for a place on the dock diving team for the world games. I took some photos today ...

Getting some loving in before his jump

4018181659_e4c4ba014d.jpg

Apparently he left his leash manners at the gate!

4018182321_a2e5121466.jpg

I think I need to get him a Superman cape! Nearly all the other dogs tuck their legs up, but not Chopper, he has to be different :)

4018943624_e2ea733aa7.jpg

4018183681_d33746db75.jpg

These are some of the other dogs. Most of them are jumping HEAPS better than Chopper!

4018182769_b1c3aef432.jpg

4018944504_f262b959ce.jpg

4018945582_7f375abbcf.jpg

4018953184_fde455577b.jpg

Edited by ruthless

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Pointer (?) in #7 post 2!

Looks like heaps of fun :eek:

Mine might get to the end of the dock but Dora would stop and just look at me like "what the hell would I want to jump off this for" and Tilly would no doubt simply fall off by being unco :)

Thanks! Flickr made them look very over-sharpened them for some reason :)

Chopper was better today, but probably cause he had a better ball thrower than the last two times! He's still not as good as the bigger dogs. I'll be very surprised if he makes the team. He's having fun though :eek:

Love the photos. Maybe Chopper needs more run up to get further. The pointer looks to be covering the most distance with his funny style of walking on water. My whippet Tag could do this I think. I dont know if they have it in Victoria though. I've seen pics of it in the US before, it's popular over there.

After training OH decided to try running him from the end of the dock and he did get a bit further. The dogs that are really good are the dogs that are running to jump into the water regardless of the toy. Chopper's only doing it for his ball. He's hesitating a bit before he jumps in. Apparently the water's freezing, so maybe he's just a wuss!

Awecome pics Ruthless! Looks like great fun! I would love to get Leo into dock diving, he LOVES the water no matter how cold and loves jumping in after his ball, I hope it takes off.

Cant wait for the games! We only going 1 day but hopfully will see Chopper jump! :laugh: