Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

And you can't get any worse than the vet most of us know I am referring to. Won't go to them again. We called them first and they said they could only fit us in at 1.30, 2 and a half hours after the phone call. Didn't matter that Chloe was in pain and needed her suffering to end.....

I'm not sure who that is but is it a chain vet...?

Rubystar I was really happy with the Vet I took Lara to. I had only used them once before to pull bloods for titres (and in fact I only saw the nurse then), but this time they were brilliant and I will continue to use them from now on.

I don't like applecross vet either :o:laugh:

My mum had our old dog PTS at railway ave vet I am pretty sure, she said they were great, took her card details when she made the consult so she wouldn't have to go to the counter and pay at the time, and were very compassionate and non judgemental and let them take all the time they needed. And my mum is from the country and wasn't a client there already.

You just sound vet fussy laugh.gif

I'm glad your mum had a good experience, too. It makes the world of difference at a time you really need it.

Rubystar I was really happy with the Vet I took Lara to. I had only used them once before to pull bloods for titres (and in fact I only saw the nurse then), but this time they were brilliant and I will continue to use them from now on.

I'm glad you found a good vet, too :) This was the first time we had been to this clinic as well.

So glad i have a lovely vet, they are so hard to find :)

Yep. I would prefer to have a vet that I see all the time so they know my dogs, which I know you have. My old clinic didn't provide that. This new one isn't a chain vet so is likely to have only a few of the same vets on, and it is still local (probably closer to me than the old one). Mum is going to take Pippa here, too, and has her booked in for her shots already.

Edited by RubyStar

We had no luck with Kenwick ,Applecross we still use if after hrs are required but they aren;t our main vet either ,To many staff changes happening there .

We love our main vet & will aslo try another clinic at some stge just to have options if caught out & both have excellent pricing & common sense approach

Just looked at the catalogue for tomorrow's obedience trial - WOW eek1.gif Great numbers!! And lots of "debuts". I'm thinking I may come down to watch if I have no other plans :o Looks like it's going to be a good one!! Bummed I'm not entered, but there was nothing really to enter. Millie needs a different judge as she already has 2 CDX passes under Frank, who is judging Open again tomorrow laugh.gif

Glad Mason is better :D I'm coming down with a sore throat and cold now :(

Good news on the Indy front :thumbsup: She hasn't coughed for a couple of days, and the vet said she couldn't hear the crackling on her lungs and her tongue is nice and pink, not tinged with blue anymore :D

So she is staying on the Pred for a few weeks, gradually reducing the dose over that time, then hopefully back over to the steroids via the inhaler, as that effects a lots less of her system :)

Good luck today at the show everyone, hope you have a fun day out :D

Great news about Indy CC, if you hadnt put up an update I was going to text u :laugh:

Yip seems like a few days on just meat and potato got the tummy good again, so will add a few kibble in again ( but way less than what he was getting), when he is properly settled and then give the Canidae a try when my bag is finished.

Good news on the Indy front :thumbsup: She hasn't coughed for a couple of days, and the vet said she couldn't hear the crackling on her lungs and her tongue is nice and pink, not tinged with blue anymore :D

So she is staying on the Pred for a few weeks, gradually reducing the dose over that time, then hopefully back over to the steroids via the inhaler, as that effects a lots less of her system :)

Whew glad to hear this CC :thumbsup: . I think I am at the stage where I am too scared to ask how some of the oldies are going.

Yup Ptolomy i agree about being scared to ask about the oldies :(

Mason had his first session of acupuncture today, his neck and lumber region are stiff and sore and he is going back in 2 weeks again :)

Hopefully you will notice the difference in Mason after his treatment and next time be able to tell when he is sore. :thumbsup: Goodonya for taking him for a "checkup"

Rubystar kids wanted me to say thanks for the retrieving order - the two that have tested the woodduck LOVE IT :rofl:

Thanks boxagirl, can't wait to meet Booker! Zora had fun today and did enjoy meeting so many new people and dogs! Toby had a go at rally too. Big thanks to Candice who made that possible :laugh:

Zora got 2x Baby of Breed but it was ST's babies that stole the show ;)