Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Woo Hoo!!! Well done Mason2009 :thumbsup: Glad you did NFC with food...always keep your eye on the bigger picture!!!
Mason did really well at the club trial tonight, we did it NFC with food and everyone said how well he went - even the judge commented on his work during the prizegiving presentations, we have only been to 3 classes and he did very very well. I am quite chuffed. ;)

Yes - Graeme also explained to me that at club trials I must keep using food and then when we do a real trial it will be a surprise to Mason that I have no food, so that way he won't know when I have the food on me or when I dont. Judge was surprised that I have only been in class 3 for so short a time.

The only thing I was a bit disappointed about is when I got back to Mas after the drop stay he sat up as I got to him, I dont really blame him though as 2 of the dogs in the drop stays got up and started playing, jumping over some of the other dog, I have no idea how he stayed put then :D but the judge asked us to return right after that and it was just too much excitement with the other dogs still racing around the ring as they could not be caught. If I had done it for competition and Mason had not sat up in the drop stay we would have come in 3rd place or so. It was a good experience and I am glad we did it ( I have never done a round with an outside judge before) and the lady was lovely and had some good tips and advice for me.

ETA - A big congrats to Sooty and Adele who took first place, she did not use food and they had the most awesome round, only loosing 2 points if I am not mistaken! :rofl:

Edited by Mason2009

I took the boys to the Polo Club this morning. There must have been horses there on Sunday because there was horse poop everywhere so Bear has now learnt 'leave it' :thumbsup: .

The black thing he had was a bit of a horse bandage

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tiggy3010?feat...u/1/2zIvOyjV4kk

Chasing a Mud Lark

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tiggy3010?feat...u/0/At3ZhUvrq04

Lewis and I did our club trial on the weekend. Poor Rommi missed out as she is still on confinment and no exercise!

He did brilliantly and not only went well he also came first! He just loves to work and I love working with him.

Hopefully we will do our first CCD trial early next year. I was going to go straight into Novice but though what they hey, I haven't trialled for ages so will do CCD first :thumbsup:

I remember once when I was a courier driver in the country that there was a snake in front of me when I was driving and I automatically closed my eyes because I figured that I couldn't miss it. Then I turned the car around to check and it was gone so I spent the rest of the day jumping in and out of the car from a mile away(with a puppy in my arms as my dog use to come with me) as I thought it was waiting curled up under the car for me to put my foot down so it could bite me. I also use to drive with the windows up on stinking hot days with no aircon because someone told me that they can get flicked up into the car if you run them over. :)

I guess it shows how scared of snakes I am. :)

I went on a 'reptile awarness' day recently, and the woman said try not to run over snakes. Then she showed pics of a 4x4 at a garge she was called to to remove a snake from the engine - one of the guys had tried to run it over and it flipped up into there :p

Mason did really well at the club trial tonight, we did it NFC with food and everyone said how well he went - even the judge commented on his work during the prizegiving presentations, we have only been to 3 classes and he did very very well. I am quite chuffed. :laugh:

Congratulations to you and Mason :laugh:

I took the boys to the Polo Club this morning. There must have been horses there on Sunday because there was horse poop everywhere so Bear has now learnt 'leave it' :thumbsup: .

He's growing so much! and what a mean mummy to quietly walk away when he was distracted - he turned round and was like 'eek wheres mum gone' :laugh:

As the reactive rover group walk was a succes last week, they are having one each sunday leading upto xmas, so I got my arse out of bed in time and got Louis along to Perry Lakes yesterday. It was lovely there and Louis did fine, the dogs ranged from teeny chihuahuas, to a huge 50 kg mastiff/great dane/amstaff mix :(

I took the boys to the Polo Club this morning. There must have been horses there on Sunday because there was horse poop everywhere so Bear has now learnt 'leave it' :laugh: .

Can Bear please teach Ruby to leave poo? :thumbsup: It's a delicacy as far as she's concerned :(

I took the boys to the Polo Club this morning. There must have been horses there on Sunday because there was horse poop everywhere so Bear has now learnt 'leave it' :laugh: .

Can Bear please teach Ruby to leave poo? :thumbsup: It's a delicacy as far as she's concerned :)

:(

Horse poop is actually not too bad but cat poo :p

Hey RallyValley can you use food in the ring at the rally mock trial this Friday?

I dont think that we will be allowed, I may chicken out as I have such bad eyesight that I can only see the sign once I get to it and it makes me look like a 'spesheel' case :laugh:

Ososwift - congrats to you on your trial win :thumbsup:

Emery - Congratulations on your upcoming skin kid arrival!!

Congrats to you Mas2009 you and Mason make a great team!

Thanks sparky

Congrats Mas2009 with your's and mason's win :(

Thanks Boxa for taking Kelari down south this weekend :thumbsup: i think my friend left her crate at the kennels i will get it later on :laugh:

Hey RallyValley can you use food in the ring at the rally mock trial this Friday?

I dont think that we will be allowed, I may chicken out as I have such bad eyesight that I can only see the sign once I get to it and it makes me look like a 'spesheel' case :laugh:

Ososwift - congrats to you on your trial win :thumbsup:

If it's like an obedience mock trial, you are allowed to take food in. I don't think I will, as we're allowed to talk as much as we like to the dog in Rally so that's enough reinforcement for my girls until they get out of the ring :(

Guest RosieFT

Emery - i must of missed your post about your baby - congrats, and how very exciting!!! Did you say when he/she is due?

Mason- i don't want to sound flippant, but you can't you get glasses to help with your eyesight?? or is it a deeper problem? Well done on the trial! :-)

I had an awful experience last night.

A big white cat that likes to come stir up our cat, was in our garden .. so without 'setting' Rosie on it, i encouranged her to have a look outside... she went out, i looked out of window and there is Rosie cowering, and on the back foot with the cat about 2m away all arched up. LOL... my brave fox killer :-) .... she has met this cat before and had a similar reaction. She is not a cat chaser or hater as we have a cat and she has met friendly cats on our walk, i would hate to encourage cat hatred. Anyhoo... sheesh.. so i race outside with no shoes on yelling, 'go on, get out. hiss hiss, clap clap" you get the picture.. when all of a sudden 'crunch'.

i freak out and my husband looks out of door and says, 'what's wrong? did you step in dog poo?'

no, i say, worse.

"Cat poo?"

no a freaking HUGE bloody cockroach that is now cottage cheesed itself all over my pavers AND MY FOOT! arghhh, i had major freak out. I have a *mild* phobia towards the buggers.

My daughter comes running out and is all upset as cockroach antenna still moving and she wants to make sure it is put out of its suffering... so husband goes into detail about how it is dead, that is just nerves, last movement blah blah.. tells her about chickens and losing heads and still runnign around....

I am giving him the 'shut up!' sign...

yeah, she couldn't sleep and was upset and crying - she has a thing about zombies and nightmares and now she thinks chickens are like zombies LOL

ahhh, the joys of pets and kids..

just had to share.

:-)

Emery - i must of missed your post about your baby - congrats, and how very exciting!!! Did you say when he/she is due?

Mason- i don't want to sound flippant, but you can't you get glasses to help with your eyesight?? or is it a deeper problem? Well done on the trial! :-)

I had an awful experience last night.

A big white cat that likes to come stir up our cat, was in our garden .. so without 'setting' Rosie on it, i encouranged her to have a look outside... she went out, i looked out of window and there is Rosie cowering, and on the back foot with the cat about 2m away all arched up. LOL... my brave fox killer :-) .... she has met this cat before and had a similar reaction. She is not a cat chaser or hater as we have a cat and she has met friendly cats on our walk, i would hate to encourage cat hatred. Anyhoo... sheesh.. so i race outside with no shoes on yelling, 'go on, get out. hiss hiss, clap clap" you get the picture.. when all of a sudden 'crunch'.

i freak out and my husband looks out of door and says, 'what's wrong? did you step in dog poo?'

no, i say, worse.

"Cat poo?"

no a freaking HUGE bloody cockroach that is now cottage cheesed itself all over my pavers AND MY FOOT! arghhh, i had major freak out. I have a *mild* phobia towards the buggers.

My daughter comes running out and is all upset as cockroach antenna still moving and she wants to make sure it is put out of its suffering... so husband goes into detail about how it is dead, that is just nerves, last movement blah blah.. tells her about chickens and losing heads and still runnign around....

I am giving him the 'shut up!' sign...

yeah, she couldn't sleep and was upset and crying - she has a thing about zombies and nightmares and now she thinks chickens are like zombies LOL

ahhh, the joys of pets and kids..

just had to share.

:-)

I do wear glasses but I just battle to see at night, think its a bit of night blindness :dancingelephant:

Last day of tafe today! I am now a qualified animal attendent. I got teary saying goodbye to my favorite dog and when saying thanks to my lecturer for all he has done and taught me. Now to find a job in industry lol

Edited by Rach...