Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Sure did! Happy Birthday Hannah! :laugh::rofl::o

I'm just filling out my entries for the nationals, ouch! Painful with one dog, you people with multiple dogs must have to sell some organs for cash or something! ;)

Happy Birthday ValleyCBR :laugh:

Amypie, it always used to be that dog entries were so much cheaper than horse ones... now the dog ones are getting fairly even per class, and in some cases are more expensive! Only good thing is you don't tend to have the ground fees, first aid levies, swabbing levies, stabling fees etc etc that you do for the bigger horse shows.

Lack of time ;) Ie the next ADAA trial is on the same weekend as one of the big Arab shows with International judges... and stupid me has three Arab derivatives entered on the Sunday so Saturday will be spent getting them all ready ;) And I can get 5 dogs ready for showing in the time it takes me to get a horse ready :o

squeee... I am planning to go and watch this :laugh: (on one of the days anyway) :eek: Have been suffering horsey wanna-have-one-again and need a fix of beautiful Arabs and horsey smalls :mad - why is it horsey smells are soo much nicer than doggy smells?! :rofl:

If we end up going on Sunday I will have to hunt you down Mirawee :)

Happy Birthday ValleyCBR :laugh:

Amypie, it always used to be that dog entries were so much cheaper than horse ones... now the dog ones are getting fairly even per class, and in some cases are more expensive! Only good thing is you don't tend to have the ground fees, first aid levies, swabbing levies, stabling fees etc etc that you do for the bigger horse shows.

Swabbing levies? :rofl: I'm intrigued!

I only have one dog in single agility classes and the entry fees and catalogue alone comes to nearly $100

Lucky I'm not doing games or teams :o

Winpara, come on the Sunday morning in showing clothes and you can show a horse for me :laugh: I potentially have 3 horses in the ring at one time (2 definitely are as they are in 3 out of 4 of the same classes :mad ) and the other might be in a different ring at the same time. One horse has a handler figured out for all her classes but I might be stuck for the other one (I can even let you have the one who will be at her first show :)) Purebred arabians are Saturday and Derivatives are Sunday. Halter is morning and ridden is after lunch :(

RubyStar, this particular show is at the State Equestrian Centre at Brigadoon. They have shows at Gosnell's fairly regularly though... so next time I go to one of those I will try and remember to tell you when it is on :)

Amypie, at the big shows they carry out random drug testing usually on a couple of horses... thus the swab levy as it costs about $300+ per horse to test so we each pay $10 levy when swabbing occurs.

If you're lucky and have a cooperative state control - they actually pay the team entry fee - ours does in Tasmania :laugh: . On the other hand, the cost of the entries pales into insignificance compared with the cost of getting from Tasmania to Perth :( . It's amazing I had enough left to buy i-squeaks :) .

So looking forward to meeting all you guys. But you have to promise not to laugh at the stout older competitor with the fast and frequently feral BC girl :mad .

Yep I know but the entry fee is $45 for teams isn't it? I'm just feeling sorry for the bank accounts of those who are doing the heats, games, and teams :)