New Possumless Home Needed

Janba

Free to good home 1 BC and 1 dally - must be possumless.

Said dogs drive their owner mad nightly by trying to catch the possum that lives in the neighbours roof each night for an after dinner snack. Said possum sits there and looks at them from the roof top causing much barking and whining and then proceeds to walk along the top of the fence to the large tree in the backyard. When the dogs are bought inside they sit at the back door and whine to get let out to continue hunting possums.

I hate that possum which is currently making loud hissing type noises at what I assume is another possum coming into its "territory" and said dogs are getting frantic. :(

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Free to good home 1 BC and 1 dally - must be possumless.

Said dogs drive their owner mad nightly by trying to catch the possum that lives in the neighbours roof each night for an after dinner snack. Said possum sits there and looks at them from the roof top causing much barking and whining and then proceeds to walk along the top of the fence to the large tree in the backyard. When the dogs are bought inside they sit at the back door and whine to get let out to continue hunting possums.

I hate that possum which is currently making loud hissing type noises at what I assume is another possum coming into its "territory" and said dogs are getting frantic. :cry:

:(:cry::cry:

I can't offer them a home, but I can send two BC's to help them in their endeavours!

CK sits for hours on our deck staring at the powerlines over the road and feels it is his duty to let us know when we are about to be invaded. (fortunately only one bark!)

Xena is a little less subtle about it and goes NUTS when a possum approaches.

I could perhaps ask one of the local owls if he would like to move to your neighbourhood for a few nights. I shone the torch into a tall tree recently because of some strange noises I heard. What I saw was staggering - a large owl had decided he was going to have possum on the menu that night!

Goodnight possum! :(

Souff

Sometimes I wish they would just catch it. It teases them on purpose as it knows they can't get at the fence - I have a ping string around the bottom.

The 3rd dog stays in and whenever I go crook at the other 2 jumps up on me and says "I'm a good boy - I don't hunt possums" :(

I too am having problems with a possum at the moment. They are a real pain

Pete's a quiet boy, apart from the occasional bark at the neighbours dog - but that's another story.

The only time I have heard him bark continually was when I got home at 2am and found him barking at a tree :( - poor neighbours!

our jrts looovee possums.... for dinner! :(:cry:

one fell out of the roof of my shed.... all hell broke loose. i thought i'd been attacked, if possum was not injured from the fall they would not have caught it.

now they know what makes those noises so we get much more than whining. they will spend hours staring at the trees, in hope if they have smelt one.

makes camping out very very noisey. :cry:

I lost my palm trees in the backyard to possums ... the dog decapitated them at about a metre off the ground by scratching the trees.

Had the dogs at the vet at least twice with scratches from the possums ... but there was a few that came off worse for wear. The message must have got around the neighbourhood as the relatives stopped turning up.

Nanananananananan Not Listening

............goes outside with her bowl of fruit for the ring tails.....................

If one possum goes another will move in, probably easier to rehome the dogs :cry:

Just joking, I have no help to offer sorry :(

I could perhaps ask one of the local owls if he would like to move to your neighbourhood for a few nights. I shone the torch into a tall tree recently because of some strange noises I heard. What I saw was staggering - a large owl had decided he was going to have possum on the menu that night!

Goodnight possum! :cry:

Souff

Send it to meeee pleese!! :( I want that owl and all it's relatives too.

Janba - isn't it a pain!! my dog hurls himself at the window, because the power cable attaches to the house above that window and the possums use it as an aerial footway.

Tell your neighbours to be careful. Mum swore for months that she could hear a possum running around on the roof then one day she put a pot of water on to boil and maggots started dropping out of the exhuast fan :(

Poor possum had fallen down in the roof and died. He couldn't have been in there for long -certainly not long enough to stink the house out thank God- but long enough. She had to call someone out to pull panels off the roof and remove it. It was terrible! :cry::cry:

Goodnight possum! :cry:

Souff

Send it to meeee pleese!! :( I want that owl and all it's relatives too.

Janba - isn't it a pain!! my dog hurls himself at the window, because the power cable attaches to the house above that window and the possums use it as an aerial footway.

:cry: Will put you on the list! :cry:

We had a possum crawl out of our toilet at work today :thumbsup:

My poor boss was on the toilet, got up and flushed and the toilet wouldnt flush.....so she waits a couple of seconds and flushes again and next thing out crawls a possum.

We had to get Pete the Possum man out to remove wet and stinky possum from our patient toilet (we work at a dental surgery)

Sure gave us a laugh....boss wasnt seeing the funny side of it yet though :) ;) :champagne:

Our BC in Tassie LURVES possums

She will bark at a tree non-stop until dad shoots the possum (brushtails only) - then she is quiet.

Possum then matures on our "backlawn" (area where there is no bush and grass tries to grow) for approx 1 week then decides it is good to eat.

Needless to say we always wear shoes out side you never know what will be lying around.

She was at the vet for a week with pulmonary oedema from her dilated cardiomyopathy (at diagnosis) - she wouldn't eat the fresh chicken wings or expensive dog food that was offered but ate the matured dead possum in the backyard. YUCK

Having said that she is 10 this year, deaf and partially blind but manages to hunt wallaby successfuly. Particularly good at hunting roadkill

OUr kelpie bounces off the fence trying to get the possums - don't know what she hopes to achieve - shake the fence till they fall out? :champagne: ;)

But when we had a possum in the wall of the bedroom she slept through the whole hissing and scratching it did - in fact I yelled at her thinking she was making the noise :thumbsup:

She wouldn't know what to do with one if she got it :):champagne:

We're in suburban hell where we've destroyed all the local wildlife and the only native species left are some very curious-looking bugs that seem to be stuck to each other's bottoms most days... So send on your BC and dally here, Janba :thumbsup: