World Dog Games On Ch 7 Right Now

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we have watched the flyball segment (which we accidently taped) 23 times!!!! Wherezaball and my 2yo are in the lounge room Going....Where’s Doopie????? There he is!!!!! Yay Doooopieeeee!!!!

Very cute

Must say I feel sorry for the 2 other teams that didnt get coverage!! Was there and I know how much ther other guys put in!!! Well done everyone!!

Where's Doopie???????? There he is !!!! Yay Doooooopppppieeeeeeeee!

You are too funny.

The problem with the flyball dogs they chose is that they were just too quick. If they'd picked some of the others around the place it would have been on for longer..... :laugh:

Seriously - I agree. It would have been nice to show the heats with the other teams in them at least. I thought the coverage they did use was awesome though.

Go Moses, he's not dumb, why jump when there is a perfectly good ramp :laugh: Those dancing dogs have some great crowd pleasing tricks to bring to the diving.

Those flyball dogs were very fast, whoever was running the finish dog for the hellfire hounds judged two beautiful crosses. Would have been nice to know what the times were.

Did Shaun like the commentators Shoemonster?

Bugger bugger! :laugh: I really wanted to watch this but was painting all day and forgot :laugh:

Does anyone know if I can see it online anywhere? :)

Congrats to all the DOLers who made it on tv!! :laugh:

If I can figure out how to copy it off my dvd recorder I can send you a copy. I did miss the first minute or so of it.

LOL at my dad when I was rewatching it "Can only BC's do these sports then?" :laugh:

That's what I was thinking! lol, I was quite disappointed at the lack of other breeds, I was however very happy to see a toller in there. It would have been nice to have other breeds than just collies in most of those sports though, these sports are supposed to be for any dog but it felt like I was watching the world border collie games, not the world dog games.

No offence to ppl who own them but it was even noted by my oh and his best friend who half way through went "and what breed is this OH WAIT! its ANOTHER border collie, seriously is that the only dog that can do these????" and those two don't really know much about dogs in the first place. :)

Go Moses, he's not dumb, why jump when there is a perfectly good ramp :dancingelephant: Those dancing dogs have some great crowd pleasing tricks to bring to the diving.

Those flyball dogs were very fast, whoever was running the finish dog for the hellfire hounds judged two beautiful crosses. Would have been nice to know what the times were.

Did Shaun like the commentators Shoemonster?

:rofl: he did comment on them a few times hehe

Josh and Mags did great in the flyball, very cool to see em there

Eddie is upset with me that we didnt take him to Sydney to dock dive, here's his efforts!

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

LOL at my dad when I was rewatching it "Can only BC's do these sports then?" :rofl:

That's what I was thinking! lol, I was quite disappointed at the lack of other breeds, I was however very happy to see a toller in there. It would have been nice to have other breeds than just collies in most of those sports though, these sports are supposed to be for any dog but it felt like I was watching the world border collie games, not the world dog games.

No offence to ppl who own them but it was even noted by my oh and his best friend who half way through went "and what breed is this OH WAIT! its ANOTHER border collie, seriously is that the only dog that can do these????" and those two don't really know much about dogs in the first place. :dancingelephant:

My understanding is there were qualifying events to get into the World Dog Games, so if that is what got it, that is what got in.

I didn't see it (thanks to a stupid blackout) but thought from comments on here that there were a fair few other breeds represented. I believe the dock dogs had 2 GSPs and a toller off the top of my head and there was small dog agility that I can't imagine would have been all BCs.

Did they show Chopper in the Dock Diving footage? He wasn't at the games, but he trained with the team and on the day he was shown on the big screen for about 10 seconds :dancingelephant:

Yes, they did show Chopper, very briefly!! :rofl: It was in the opening section where there was a bit from each sport :dancingelephant: They had a close up of a ball, and then it thrown and Chopper jumping in, filmed from above him :happydance:

Edited by FHRP

The dock diving is pretty much dominated by Labradors and other gundogs in the USA, so plenty of non-bc breeds represented at the WDG's in that event (GSPs, Malinois, Labrador, Kelpie, Staffy x, Flat Coat, Toller etc.). From memory there was only one bc dock diving, Brock. But yes, the other sports had a lot of bc's, apart from the the small dog agility (poodles, sheltie and puli).

Edited by FHRP

The small dog agility had two poodles, a Puli and something else?

The big dog agility wasn't all BCs, there was a Belgian Shepherd and some other dog too.

I think people are talking about the Flyball mainly, which was mostly BCs, but the BCs do dominate dog sports because they are so good at it. At least the public were seeing an accurate representation :rofl::dancingelephant:

I liked the Dock Dogs, especially the Malinois who had some awesome tricks and did that big vertical jump into the water, it was awesome!

I enjoyed the show and wish there were more things like that on TV. Heaps better than Cricket :dancingelephant:

LOL at my dad when I was rewatching it "Can only BC's do these sports then?" :eek:

No offence to ppl who own them but it was even noted by my oh and his best friend who half way through went "and what breed is this OH WAIT! its ANOTHER border collie, seriously is that the only dog that can do these????" and those two don't really know much about dogs in the first place. :D

No offense? Sorry but I do find comments like this offensive. Anyone could enter.

My understanding is there were qualifying events to get into the World Dog Games, so if that is what got it, that is what got in.

I didn't see it (thanks to a stupid blackout) but thought from comments on here that there were a fair few other breeds represented. I believe the dock dogs had 2 GSPs and a toller off the top of my head and there was small dog agility that I can't imagine would have been all BCs.

The small dog agility had two poodles, a Puli and something else?

I only started watching when the big dog agility was on so I didn't see that, while there was 2 other breeds in the agility and the dock diving had diff breeds, it was still quite a few collies, dont get me wrong they are great dogs, its just I guess I was hoping to see more breeds like dobermanns, rottweilers, mastiffs, staffies, German shepherds and even cattle dogs in this sport, So I was very sad when I didn't see any of these breeds in this show, the show was short so I guess that played a big factor of not seeing any.

Edited by kyliegirl

I only started watching when the big dog agility was on so I didn't see that, while there was 2 other breeds in the agility and the dock diving had diff breeds, it was still quite a few collies, dont get me wrong they are great dogs, its just I guess I was hoping to see more breeds like dobermanns, rottweilers, mastiffs, staffies, German shepherds and even cattle dogs in this sport, So I was very sad when I didn't see any of these breeds in this show, the show was short so I guess that played a big factor of not seeing any.

I guess if they qualify then they will be represented. Given there are not many of them participating in some of the sports this reduces their chances of being represented.

I guess if they qualify then they will be represented. Given there are not many of them participating in some of the sports this reduces their chances of being represented.

That's pretty much it. We'd love to see you out at frisbee or flyball or agility.

For frisbee the only breeds represented in the qualifiers in Brisbane were BC's, Stumpy Tailed Cattle Dogs, Kelpies and maybe a Toller (plus mixes). (oops - never have been any good at breeds other than BC!! :hug: )

We'd love to see more in the sport - but most other dogs are too smart to chase a plastic disc all day! :hug:

Edited by Agility Dogs