January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terranik – you come up with such great ideas for your self portraits! I hope you didn’t actually cut your hair!

Oink – great pics for phone shots out the window! Especially like the first one.

TangerineDream – nifty photoshopping job! I don’t have photoshop but it certainly impressive what can be done with it!

redangel – Wow your neighbours cat is GORGEOUS! But then I’m a bit of a sucker for blue eyed cats…

Schauzerboy – ooh nice action shot. I like that you’ve got the WTC sign in the background…

iltby – love the simplicity of that photo….not sure what you wanted it to turn out like but I like it anyway!

LWC – that’s a good shot of those plant buds…they look so interesting – I want to reach into the photo and poke one! :mad

flyingduster – well done on the non doggie/animal pic!

FionaC –oh cool pencils! I want one! :happydance2: I like the background - are they sitting on bubble wrap??

ness – I like the first one better…beautiful colour tone to it.

My poor kitties had to go have their teeth cleaned at the vet today. The stubborn buggers won’t eat food that’s good for their teeth *grrr*…anyways when I brought them home this afternoon they were still pretty out of it from the GA so I thought for today's photo I'd just use a quick snap I took of one of my poor doped up little cats.

4276207422_bf6d8d5b47_o.jpg

Trying to challenge myself a bit more, by taking photos inside rather than out. Ed is nearly a year old and not even crawling yet :rofl: He is finally starting to get up onto his knees, which means he is moving in the right direction :thumbsup:

4276314728_5a66a43188.jpg

Edited by huga

My attempt today = fail :rofl:

I do love this tree but it's three houses over and I can't get close enough or get rid of the sheds etc to capture it how I'd like to.

not a fail for me - I love this pic ...... it looks like an old illustration in a book :thumbsup:

More great shots today, Im a bit late today so wont comment on everyones, but Just like to say good job to everyone who is still going with this challenge and there are a few of us, and to the ones who haven't posted for a little while come back and have another go, there is still another half of January to go!!

Heres mine for today, not sure about the editing with the first one especially and the second ones were just snaps and way to dark so they have just been lightened!

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2-1.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Thats pretty cool!! When you say camera studio, do you mean a designated room to do your photography in?? What kinds of things would one need for a camera studio? Im thinking about turning one of my rooms into a room where I can have all stuff to take pics and props etc. Just not sure which room I dont need. :thumbsup:

Naw, just a little one that you set up yourself - it's about a foot cube (if that's a measurement :rofl: ) Here's an example-

Portable Photo Studio

Very handy but I don't think I had enough light, even with the fluorescent ones that came with it.

Though upon looking at the shot again, I am a little happier with it.

I took something like 200 photos while on my camping trip and not as many as I hoped had come out well. Turns out one of my lenses is very dusty and I have the shadow of the hood in many shots. Here's one, which could do with some editing.

20378_291102404147_815764147_4604383_1615826_n.jpg

Snap - that is a great starting point and offers lots for some PP... have a play with it, but dont play too much, it is already a very nice shot

I finally got my battery grip (why do we always wait so long to buy these things, then realize we could have done so much more earlier!) so tonight was some portrait work.

My usual model is Aubrey, and tonight she didnt let me down - another one for her little portfolio :thumbsup:

4275796445_41ce6b4a8b.jpg

Well I havent posted here in days BUT I have managed to take photos

But first of all I want to say there is some awsome photos here WOW

BeeB : That pic of the spider is amazing and I love the colors

Becandcharch : I love the barbershop photo it looks like it was taken 60 years ago

TLC : That pic of Lacy watching Coop on the rocks is great (HMMM looks farmilar some how)

Iltby : I love the last pic of the spiders web with the green behind it :thumbsup::rofl:

Oh and I l;ove the snail that almost looks like a cartoon.

Shell : hahahaha I want a Yoda now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oink : Oh MY those pigs I love pigs and I love the photo.

TerraNik : I just love your series of self photography and I really like the twilight one and the haircut one.

Fluffypaws : LOL @ your cats expression S/he looks like its been on the booze all night long hehehe

Huga : You have most beautiful children with the most amazing eyes and eyelashes and Poor Ed you dont need to crawl when your as cute as that.

Two spirit : Oh that pic of the Pic cards brings back memorys for me (My son used them for a few years and he had a language delay with his autism)

And I have still kept the PECs book to show him but I have to say our pics are much worse for wear that yours.

SBT123 ::: That tree OMG I Love the colors and the composition it alomost doesnt look real.

Ok I will post some pics but they are pretty average and havent had a chance at editing them apart from the odd frame in photobucket

Cheers Janet

Monday slabbed out due to the heat and NO aircon (Poor redcat)

14thJan2010018-1.jpg

Ooops I ate Dexters head did i?????

14thJan2010031-1.jpg

Nope he is still alive

14thJan2010035-1.jpg

A grasshopper (pretty self explanitory haha )Tuesday

14thJan2010077-1.jpg

Wednesday

14thJan2010059.jpg

Praying on Thursday

14thJan2010101-1.jpg

Hanging around on a Friday

14thJan2010044-1.jpg

Edited by Riley James

Once again some awesome shots. Will be back tomorrow for a proper look.

Todays effort is the shot I used for the flickr group 52 weeks for dogs

4275838551_81e0a77836.jpg

This is Asha’s favourite position as it generally means her belly is getting a rub. The second she senses your approach she rolls straight over in anticipation.

1 - If she were a Buddha we would be the luckiest family.

2 - If she was a human lady she would have a terrible reputation for the amount of time she spends on her back!

Day 15:

Its a shrub in my backyard that has funny shaped buds on it... i think its from the fern family :hug:

4275372923_f4428aeb24.jpg

Lovely shot but I think its actually a conifer, looks very similar to the one in the front yard down the road ....

Yep... it's a conifer. Lots of childhood memories of these and the smell came straight back to me too. mmmmmm. :rofl: