January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KJA, I think your cat is trying to tell you something lol, what editing did you use, and the un co operative doggie :laugh:

Wow, you rock for going through all of those!!

Which photo are you asking about on the editing?

Ok so here we are at day 4 already wow and the photos are just fantastic :laugh::cry::o

Kja heh we got Dexter from the RSPCA troo but here in Warrnambool last christmas so maybe soul twins not blood twin hehe

And he just loves to tease the dogs too

So here are my pics not that great but I still managed to get some.

Got a bee in your bonnet ?????

I am petrified of Bee's so this was a brave attempt for me lol

4thJan2010Bee019-1.jpg

And Snap pea anyone :rofl:

This one was'nt quite as hard hahahaha

4thJan2010Bee009-1.jpg

Cheers Janet

Edited by Riley James

Great Lizard, love it, tell me more about him please

Cant believe you got all that! :laugh:

He's a bearded dragon about 2yrs old, orange In colour, wakes up basks

all day long, eats ( crickets n vegies ) basks some more.....poos like

you've never smelt before :laugh: basks again then sleeps when the sun sets!

Wakes up and does It all over again!......But he's cute :wave:

Guest Pandii

LongWhiteCloud, there is nothing wrong with your photo, please keep posting :wave:

kja, I was asking about the editing in the photo with your kitty cat

RJ, the bee photo is gorgous, you should be very proud of it

AnnieK, the noses win :laugh:

Twospirits when are you going to take a photo of the asian dolls

poocow, superdog makes me want to reach in and stroke his ears

Rottnbullies, its the spelling of peoples user names I find hard :laugh: so I hope people forgive me if I get them a little wrong, and your right he is very cute :rofl:

valleywa, are dopers the ones that shed and dont need shearing??

Yes they are shedders, altough more accurately they rub all thier hair off onto fences/gates/trees and now most things in the sheep paddock are a bit wooly. The adults have hair really short like a staffords on most thier body and a few bits they have yet to rub off.

kja, I was asking about the editing in the photo with your kitty cat

Those were done in Lightroom, nothing major just the basics. The biggest was White balance (terrible ambient light as there were huge green overtones from the plants and yellow from the shadecloth). They were the first shots from my camera after getting it back from the doctor's and they'd reset me to jpeg (I never check) and it sucked. RAW FTW, fa shure.

HTH

Edited by kja

it's not about who has the most experience or the best camera, it's about sharing parts of your world and the way you see it (in my opinion at least). The only way to learn is to take as many photos as you can, so this month is perfect for everyone! :laugh:

I totally agree! This isn't about impressing people so much as having fun, getting out there and sharing a little bit of your day to day! Lord knows I'm not aiming for contest wins or accolades :laugh:

At least that's how I see it...

LWC I just post whatever pic looks best from my camera for the day. The only editing I do is cropping. I have no idea how to do the rest of it. I am enjoying seeing all the professional pics and know mine won't come anywhere near as good but as the invite says NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY soooooo I post my amateur (sp) pics.

There are some lovely people on here who do take the time to give pointers and praise when you get one a bit "right". Just join in and have fun. I know I am.

:laugh:

LWC you should be happy with the pictures you've been posting. I agree there are some awesome photographers on here but it's not about who has the most experience or the best camera, it's about sharing parts of your world and the way you see it (in my opinion at least). The only way to learn is to take as many photos as you can, so this month is perfect for everyone! :laugh:

I agree with that, not very good at taking pictures but I just take pictures of things around me :laugh: