January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

Lol - I loooooove my remote trigger too. It makes it so much easier to do slow shutter speeds though mine hasn't come out in a while...

They're really handy! My old one was getting to be a PITA and I have a few ideas that require me to be far away from the camera. And now I can do them! Just gotta get used to the timing of the wireless one - there's a slight delay (half a second or so).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same as on the 450d - it's a great little tool though. I can't wait to see what you come up with! I love your self portrait month! The remote trigger is how I took the portrait shots for the photo 5 competition and how I'll get the ones for the Zero and I month I'm planning later on in the year when he doesn't look like a yeti.

Btw - that brush you lent me works better than a furminator for getting the dead hair off him. I hadn't brushed him for 2 weeks and he looked disgusting! One grooming session and he looks like he's not blowing coat! I'm really going to have to buy one!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Lol - I loooooove my remote trigger too. It makes it so much easier to do slow shutter speeds though mine hasn't come out in a while...

They're really handy! My old one was getting to be a PITA and I have a few ideas that require me to be far away from the camera. And now I can do them! Just gotta get used to the timing of the wireless one - there's a slight delay (half a second or so).

Hey I just started looking at one of these. Which one did you get?

Hey I just started looking at one of these. Which one did you get?

I have one that I got direct from Canon - it looks like this:

canremrc5.jpg

I don't know what it's actually called but the website I got that photo from says it's called "Canon Remote Wireless Control For Canon EOS d-SLR Cameras RC-5" - I just asked a friend who works for canon to get it for me and he did.

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Um - aside from the half second delay on it not really.

There have been a few times where I've pressed it that it hasn't triggered but you just press it again and it works. I haven't tried out much distance on it but when I start doing motion shots of myself later on in the year, I'm going to upgrade it to a better remote. There's one that's about $100 that works for distances up to 100m. Not that I would ever need that far!

Um - aside from the half second delay on it not really.

There have been a few times where I've pressed it that it hasn't triggered but you just press it again and it works. I haven't tried out much distance on it but when I start doing motion shots of myself later on in the year, I'm going to upgrade it to a better remote. There's one that's about $100 that works for distances up to 100m. Not that I would ever need that far!

Yeah our dogs would look preeettty tiny 100m away!

Are you going to dance for the camera ?? :cry:

Jan 8th, I did a few of my rats today...

My 'big boy' Finch:

IMG_3947.jpg

and his little (runt of the litter) one-eyed (born that way) sister Sparrow (yes, the whole litter were named after birds!):

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

and their mamma, Ceara:

IMG_3930.jpg

I might try for some decent pics of my wee (ie big) half-wild guy too, but he wasn't in a co-operative mood today, and when he's on those moods there's nothing I can do to convince him otherwise! If anyone tries to say temperament isn't massively genetic, then you can come convince him to get out of his hammock today! lol

Thanks redangel. I find her so easy to take pictures of because (a) she is a willing model and will pose when she sees the camera and (b) she is seriosuly cute! She got the eyes from our side and the blonde from her dads side. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Lovely capture valleywa..what a sweetie!