January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey I just started looking at one of these. Which one did you get?

I have one that I got direct from Canon - it looks like this:

canremrc5.jpg

I don't know what it's actually called but the website I got that photo from says it's called "Canon Remote Wireless Control For Canon EOS d-SLR Cameras RC-5" - I just asked a friend who works for canon to get it for me and he did.

EXCEPT!!!!

Just check - if I remember correctly, you have a 40D? This does NOT work for cameras without infrared such as the 40D.

After doing some research I decided on this one - Cactus Wireless Shutter (C3). You can really only get it here, but I got it within a week. Cost around $30.

Mine for the day continuing on with the "whats at the bottom of the garden" theme from yesterday - playing around with colour and exposure a touch this time - I don't usually modify my photos (aside from cropping and a little sharpening) so playing with colours and exposures etc is very new territory for me - so one baby step for me

4255455187_774f729bf1.jpg

Hey I just started looking at one of these. Which one did you get?

I have one that I got direct from Canon - it looks like this:

canremrc5.jpg

I don't know what it's actually called but the website I got that photo from says it's called "Canon Remote Wireless Control For Canon EOS d-SLR Cameras RC-5" - I just asked a friend who works for canon to get it for me and he did.

EXCEPT!!!!

Just check - if I remember correctly, you have a 40D? This does NOT work for cameras without infrared such as the 40D.

After doing some research I decided on this one - Cactus Wireless Shutter (C3). You can really only get it here, but I got it within a week. Cost around $30.

Thanks Nik, just ordered it! Yehar cant wait!

My (still healing) legs:

Is that scarification or red tatts? Either way, I like them! I must admit that scarification freaks me out a little (ie I wouldn't do it) but I like the look of them on others.

They are red tattoos. I'd be too much of a scaredy cat to get scarification. Funny you mention it though, because when the tattooist was finished she said 'Now, I don't want to freak you out, but they do look a bit like scarification'. I just like that they aren't 'traditional' looking :thumbsup:

They are red tattoos. I'd be too much of a scaredy cat to get scarification. Funny you mention it though, because when the tattooist was finished she said 'Now, I don't want to freak you out, but they do look a bit like scarification'. I just like that they aren't 'traditional' looking :thumbsup:

I like them! I'm about to get white tattoos (when I've been to the tattoo convention in march and met someone who actually knows how to do them with the proper ink) and I'm told they look like old scarification in person. Do you mind if I ask why you chose the birds you did (sparrows?)?

Edited by ~*Shell*~

I was getting Charch to sit while I took a photo of him and he knew that a treat was coming.

Its only started happening in the last couple of months but the minute I get the treats out his mouth becomes a tap and he drips saliva everywhere!

Its funny that its decided to start now at 18 months :rofl:

4255537209_50c2e2cfdd.jpg

Okay - I can't decide which photo to use for today! What do you guys think? I was going to do yet another "work" photo but one of my cockatiels scratched himself today and started bleeding so I decided to get photos of the birdie boys instead. He's okay but he's scratched his nose so he has a sore on it now and lots of dirty feathers!

This is Remi (Rembrandt really, but he only gets called that when he's in trouble... which is most of the time)

4255531243_402340c13f.jpg

And Lucius

4256294124_7ef22891cf.jpg

4256293730_fa162dd7f6.jpg

And one more just because I thought it was funny - he's really okay, it just looks worse than it is! He's playing peek a boo with me here:

4256305218_d28e1d4fd1.jpg

ETA: That's so cute piper!!

Love the licky Charch Bec!!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Not a great shot but all I took today was of the Peregrine falcon.

If you look carefully in the upper left you will see a tiny white mark, it's a bird and the falcon immediately turned to watch it. It must be amazing to see the world through their eyes.

4254502781_9f7ac6da95_b.jpg

They are red tattoos. I'd be too much of a scaredy cat to get scarification. Funny you mention it though, because when the tattooist was finished she said 'Now, I don't want to freak you out, but they do look a bit like scarification'. I just like that they aren't 'traditional' looking :eek:

I like them! I'm about to get white tattoos (when I've been to the tattoo convention in march and met someone who actually knows how to do them with the proper ink) and I'm told they look like old scarification in person. Do you mind if I ask why you chose the birds you did (sparrows?)?

I actually wanted white, but she didn't think it would work well against my skin, so red was the next option (I wanted to avoid the typical blues and blacks). Ok, the bird thing is a bit of a long story - firstly, it's our family name. My aunty died recently and my nanny a couple of years ago (they were both Birds too). At my aunty's funeral, there were these big floor to ceiling windows that looked over parkland. As soon as the music started, these two birds flew together right towards the windows and then one went either side, around the building. It was like it was choregraphed, even the pastor mentioned it. Anyway, we were talking about how that is nanny and my aunty, together now - one thing led to another and my dad and I went and got bird tattoos. I found the design online and just liked it - no other reason for choosing it. I did attempt to draw my own, but I wasn't very successful (there's not much symmetry to my drawing :rofl:).

Sorry for the hijack :)

Edited by huga

They are red tattoos. I'd be too much of a scaredy cat to get scarification. Funny you mention it though, because when the tattooist was finished she said 'Now, I don't want to freak you out, but they do look a bit like scarification'. I just like that they aren't 'traditional' looking :eek:

I actually wanted white, but she didn't think it would work well against my skin, so red was the next option (I wanted to avoid the typical blues and blacks). Ok, the bird thing is a bit of a long story - firstly, it's our family name. My aunty died recently and my nanny a couple of years ago (they were both Birds too). At my aunty's funeral, there were these big floor to ceiling windows that looked over parkland. As soon as the music started, these two birds flew together right towards the windows and then 1 went either side, around the building. It was like it was choregraphed, even the pastor mentioned it. Anyway, we were talking about how that is nanny and my aunty, together now - one thing led to another and my dad and I went and got bird tattoos. I found the design online and just liked it - no other reason for choosing it. I did attempt to draw my own, but I wasn't very successful (there's not much symmetry to my drawing :rofl:).

Sorry for the hijack :)

That's brilliant - I love it when tattoos have stories. Yours is a beautiful one!

Sorry for the hijack too guys!