Finnish Lapphund Puppy Photos

armahani

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh they are just sooooo cute, L too love the one of all of them running toward the camera! You will be sad to see them go!

I sure will! Not sure what it is, but these babies have just been extra fun for some reason. Perhaps because they are mostly girls, and little girls are so sweet. Or maybe because they have crazy parents :( . But they all have just the most interesting personalities and characters. Lots of tears will be shed next week!

I have no idea how I missed this thread, all those puppers are :curtsey: but Star is extra lovely.

Ah-ha!! Finally someone has picked out my favourite :heart:

I think she is stunning, is she staying with you?

Not at home - but she is my keeper. She'll be living with a friend of mine, co-owned by me, and I'll be showing her.

I have no idea how I missed this thread, all those puppers are :curtsey: but Star is extra lovely.

Ah-ha!! Finally someone has picked out my favourite :heart:

I think she is stunning, is she staying with you?

Not at home - but she is my keeper. She'll be living with a friend of mine, co-owned by me, and I'll be showing her.

I'll have to get cuddles then one day at a show :sleep:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I never posted up the 8 week old photos - largely because someone else took them for me and I am still waiting for them to be sent to me :D

But I thought for those following, you might be interested to see the new babies with their new families.

This time it is in order that they departed ....

First up was Keila (previously known as Snowflake). Her new mum fell in love with her, when she was just visiting, sure that she wanted a black and tan male LOL - and was the first on my door step the day they were allowed to go home. She stays in Victoria. There are lots of plans for Keila in all sorts of doggie disciplines, and it is hoped she may become a Delta dog one day. I couldn't quite let her go entirely though, and she stays in co-ownership with me.

Keila and Michelle ...

KeilaFamily.jpg

I had only just wiped the tears away, when the door bell rang again. This time it was Taija's (previously known as Star) new mum, with extended family in tow, including Lappie Willoughby (who was much more interested in playing with my adults, I must say!). Taija lives with a friend of mine, and is co-owned by me. I'll be showing her here in Melbourne.

Taija and Cherelle ...

TaijaFamily.jpg

And then, that evening, the lovely Quito (previously known as Angel) headed off to her home in Sydney. Her new parents had spent the night visiting, and it was time for the new family to fly out together. We may get to see Quito around the Sydney show ring in the future.

Quito, Liz & Keith ...

QuitoFamily.jpg

The next evening it was time for my boy Dolce (previously known as St Nick) to fly to Canberra. There were lots of tears at the airport. I was a bit of a mess saying goodbye to this funny little character. Dolce will also be co-owned by me (yes that is 3!! I couldn't help myself!!), and lives just out of Canberra with his new family which includes the beautiful Mischa from my last litter (now 15 weeks old).

Dolce, Shareen & Glen ...

DolceFamily.jpg

Just cause I couldn't help it ... a couple of extra photos I got sent today of Dolce and Mischa (hard to believe Mish was his size just six short weeks ago!!):

19873_1317117841625_1041099442_9657.jpg

This one cracks me up! Not sure what he is saying, but I suspect it may be along the lines of "I've just raised 6 sisters, did you really need to give me another one!?!"

19873_1317118081631_1041099442_9657.jpg

I raced home from the airport, to meet Kirra's (previously known as Holly) new owners here to pick her up. She was pretty keen to give her new mum and dad the little nose kisses she is renowned for! Kirra also stays in Melbourne, and her new dad has lots of plans to try out various doggie pursuits with her.

Kirra, Brett & Belle ...

KirraFamily.jpg

So I had a day to enjoy the last two girls and their antics, before they both flew out last night (with thanks to the Spitz forum in sharing my angst with flight delays etc!).

To Queensland headed Myrre (previously known as Noelle) - my crazy one (well, that is what they asked for LOL). I love this story. Myrre's owners emigrated from Finland a number of years ago. Anne has always had a Lappie in her household, right from when she was a little girl, and with them came her two dogs - including Lappie Doris, who just happened to be from the same kennel in Finland as my Emmi (Myrre's dam), and whose sire is Emmi's great-grandfather. We have spoken a bit over the last year, and then very sadly Doris died of old age late last year. Anne approached me for a future girl, as she just couldn't bear to be without a Lappie in her life, and really had her heart set on a Doris-relative. Well, with all my girls being born, and mostly boy orders, it just worked out perfectly that I was able to offer them a baby. So Myrre (which apparently being an Australian I have no hope of pronouncing correctly!) is learning her home-language. She will be learning lots of fun things, and will hopefully head for the obedience trial ring in future.

Myrre, Anne & Janne ...

MyrreFamily.jpg

So lastly is little Mistletoe. She arrived into loving arms late last night in Adelaide, where she also has a life of doggie-pursuits planned with her mum Kellie, including hopefully an agility career one day. We are awaiting her family photo still (and her final decided name LOL) so that one will have to wait.

• 5 months later...
Some extra photos - these were taken at the beginning of the week, when the pups were just under 6 weeks old:

Eating the grown up way:

Crystal073.jpg

Mistletoe likes to lay down in the food bowl when she eats:

Crystal074.jpg

Which makes it a bit hard for everyone else:

Crystal075.jpg

Of course, we still like to eat the old way when we can:

Crystal076.jpg

Hey Dad, do you have any of that good stuff up there?

Crystal077.jpg

Noelle loves her Dad ..... and she is growing on him :D

Crystal078.jpg

GORGEOUS photos! Mum and Dad are such beautiful lappies!! :thumbsup: