2010 Brags Thread

And one from me - we passed with 188 out of 200 last night in our last Novice trial. Now training in earnest for Open, hoping to get into the ring sometime mid this year.

One of the advantages of having an older dog - she couldn't see the possums!

Wooohooo! Congratulations!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone for the congrats, and thanks to those who gave me some advice back in the obedience questions thread. :thumbsup: Congrats to any results in the last few days as well. :laugh:

Unfortunately we weren't able to repeat the experience today - blew a good pass by dropping in her sit stay! :laugh: Have practised the sit stay quite a lot, always for several minutes rather than just the 1 or 2 minutes and never with the drop afterwards.

Unfortunately we are lacking a lot of ring work practise which is showing big time with me. Despite the fact that Darcy's stays are rock solid with other dogs I reckon we need more stay practise with other dogs as well, but I won't put her in club stays because yelling at your dog to stop them moving or running off is totally acceptable behaviour! :laugh: Really over being so isolated training wise at the moment. :laugh:

Unfortunately we are lacking a lot of ring work practise which is showing big time with me. Despite the fact that Darcy's stays are rock solid with other dogs I reckon we need more stay practise with other dogs as well, but I won't put her in club stays because yelling at your dog to stop them moving or running off is totally acceptable behaviour! :thumbsup: Really over being so isolated training wise at the moment. :laugh:

That's awful. :laugh: Do you have anyone near you who has stable dogs who could do group stays with?

Congrats to all of you :thumbsup:

Good work to Ness, from what you've said sounds like she put in a great effort.

And one from me - we passed with 188 out of 200 last night in our last Novice trial. Now training in earnest for Open, hoping to get into the ring sometime mid this year.

One of the advantages of having an older dog - she couldn't see the possums!

How Exciting !!!!!!

Good luck for open :thumbsup:

Well done Jess! i'm bummed I ddint' get to watch more obedience!

My brag for the weekend was a little unexpected. We started the weekend with only 2/5 passes towards Kinta's excellent Jumping title. Although she's been trialling for a while, the number of trials entered is minimal thanks to puppies, seasons and a lazy mum :rofl:.

We walked away with 3 passes for her, ALL in excellent jumping giving her her JDX title!!! :mad. Ontop of that she had some LOVELY runs in agility only to be mucked up by me.

Leo ran some beautiful rounds and gained a Masters Agility pass. He's only done 4 trials in Masters Agility and now has his 3rd pass under his belt. I'm very proud of him. His masters Jumping and open Jumping rounds were beaut... especially our last OJ round (wish I got it on tape!) where he was fast, furious and did a beautiful distance only to go a little too far out on the RC and miss the 2nd last jump :rofl:

Am very proud of my kiddies but after a jam packed weekend, we are all exhausted! No more trials for us until Mt Gambier!

ETA:

Edited by leopuppy04

I know this is a little OT but this is a brags thread and I am most definitely bragging so...................

My baby daughter got married on Sunday (had to go as all trials were cancelled due to the weather :crossfingers::crossfingers: )

Here they are just after the ceremony finished

4414490571_fe2ff368c6.jpg

I know this is a little OT but this is a brags thread and I am most definitely bragging so...................

My baby daughter got married on Sunday (had to go as all trials were cancelled due to the weather :crossfingers::thumbsup: )

Here they are just after the ceremony finished

4414490571_fe2ff368c6.jpg

:crossfingers:

Beautiful dress, she looks absolutely stunning!

Brag time from me - not a trial brag but Kenz is absolutely coming ahead in leaps and bounds with her agility training. To top if off last night I ran her around a masters jumping course at training. First time I broke it down into little pieces and rewarded it but she was handling it so nicely that the second time I rewarded only once or twice and she went around and kept all her bars up and was absolutely flying. Not bad for a midget jumping 500 who is not quite 2 yet :hug: . She ran the course like an absolute pro :( .

OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

WE PASSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

90/100 (dodgy dodgy fast pace and a few missed positions but NO SCRATCHING!!!!!!!)

and as predicted... I cried. Haha!

He was awsome!!! Glad it finally happened!!!!!!!!!

OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

WE PASSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

90/100 (dodgy dodgy fast pace and a few missed positions but NO SCRATCHING!!!!!!!)

and as predicted... I cried. Haha!

:D Congratulations!!!!! :cool:

I have no idea how long you have waited, but it sounds like you are very, very happy. :D

Well done guys!