2010 Brags Thread

Well done Luke! And Barkly of course.

The pretrial class is training on Wednesday nights heaps now rather than Sundays. We also have trial training on Wednesday nights. Not sure if that works better for you.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Luke! And Barkly of course.

The pretrial class is training on Wednesday nights heaps now rather than Sundays. We also have trial training on Wednesday nights. Not sure if that works better for you.

Sunday works better - might have a chat next time I see you though.

Well I have a training brag - just took my new spiffy solid jump I made over the weekend out the front of my place for a test spin. Threw Kenz's DB over it - sent her over - hmmmm its narrower then normal so first time she ran back around it. We did a few others and she was 100% wherever the DB landed she would go out over the jump, race out pick up the DB and then gave me rock solid presents :laugh: .

Just for good measure she also managed an open COP - drop/sit/come :) .

Hmmmm only means we don't have a DOR happening now :) or stays.

:dancingelephant:

...it's been a while...

Barkly Blue competed in his first agility trial last weekend!!!

2 runs in Novice Jumping.

A third place...one bar down.

and a second place (clear and a pass!)

We had a blast.

:laugh: Well done BB and Luke :D

Well I have a training brag - just took my new spiffy solid jump I made over the weekend out the front of my place for a test spin. Threw Kenz's DB over it - sent her over - hmmmm its narrower then normal so first time she ran back around it. We did a few others and she was 100% wherever the DB landed she would go out over the jump, race out pick up the DB and then gave me rock solid presents :) .

Just for good measure she also managed an open COP - drop/sit/come :) .

Hmmmm only means we don't have a DOR happening now :dancingelephant: or stays.

:dancingelephant: ah ha......so it's not just Acteon that swaps one task for another then!

Congrats Nes, sounds like she's doing well on the retrieve :)

Hey all,

We had a great games trial last night. Lomani was there - running VERY nicely I might add, heard many people comment on how well she went. Bond is a beautiful boy as well!

As for us it was our best night ever. The courses were perhaps a little on the generous side, but still.........

CK got a quali in 4 out of 5 of his events, he was just a little over time in snooker, but managed a card in gamblers, Boston Bowling, Blackjack and Strategic Pairs.

Xena managed Blackjack, Gamblers and Strategic Pairs as well.

Things to work on - contacts for both puppies.

Good luck today everyone!

T

Hey all,

We had a great games trial last night. Lomani was there - running VERY nicely I might add, heard many people comment on how well she went. Bond is a beautiful boy as well!

As for us it was our best night ever. The courses were perhaps a little on the generous side, but still.........

CK got a quali in 4 out of 5 of his events, he was just a little over time in snooker, but managed a card in gamblers, Boston Bowling, Blackjack and Strategic Pairs.

Xena managed Blackjack, Gamblers and Strategic Pairs as well.

Things to work on - contacts for both puppies.

Good luck today everyone!

T

Congratulations!!!! I saw a couple of your runs and was very impressed.

Thank you for your lovely comments. I was very very happy with how Lomani ran last night as we had been there for the workshop all day and she is terrible for not sleeping at trials and then running like a slug when she is tired. This is the first time I have ever got good runs out of her when she is lacking sleep... all thanks to the magic ingredient.... CHICKEN NECKS!!! Another cocker person suggested that I try them as they are the only thing that motivate her girl and I can't believe how well they worked.

We ended up with 3 q's from our 5 runs... quite a pleasant outcome from our first ADAA trial! :thumbsup: I look forward to doing more ADAA trials over the coming months. The courses were very enjoyable! Also got some great tips out of the workshop that I can't wait to get into practice. Can hopefully get that elusive GD title soon!!!

I have a training Brag . I decided at training today to bring out the dumbell and do a bit of work with him holding and presenting on lead . I still want to make the dumbell fun for him so i chucked it out for him to retrieve off lead first (just to get him interested ) and what does my angel little boy do ??? ............ He brang it straight back to me sat and presented beautifully no mouthing and he picked it up correctly ! Yay I have a dumbell retrieval finally (not just once did he do it but 3 times after that ) :thumbsup: so very proud !

Hmm... not sure if mines a brag or not :eek:.

I've been told to pull my finger out and get training for those open stays. Kinta didn't put a paw wrong in her run through this morning and it felt absolutely beautiful. She even swung her bum properly for the LAT!!! :laugh:

Leo was also fast and eager throughout his UD run through too....

Think they are trying to tell me to get off my bum and sign up for a trial :thumbsup::laugh:

congrats to everyone! :thumbsup: Luke and Barkley! thats awesome I wish our First runs were as good as that!

Its a bit late but here is the vid from last weekend..

I have had a few people whine about my taste in music so I'm just gonna say straight up probably best to mute it...

My brag for the weekend Den has been having drive issues with his weaves hes been getting slower and slower so I set up my bases as 4 channels poles and he is driving through them and using that single step he originally had.. will be interesting to see if he keeps it once the poles are straight again.. so hopefully we can salvage our decent weaves!

JD title run this Friday!! :laugh: :laugh: so hopefully will have some good brags from that!

Congrats again to everyone!

I finally have something for this thread!

Tonight (State Agility Trial) was our first ever agility trial and second ever jumping trial and Kyzer got his first pass in each :laugh:

We're in the finals tomorrow :rofl:

He came fourth overall in Novice Jumping and Fifth overall in Novice Agility, he was the first 300 dog in Novice Jumping and we got a pretty rosette because of that :rofl: I am pretty happy and I didn't even think we got a pass in Jumping so was surprised to hear my name get called!

Here he is with his sashes.

sashes.jpg

I finally have something for this thread!

Tonight (State Agility Trial) was our first ever agility trial and second ever jumping trial and Kyzer got his first pass in each :laugh:

We're in the finals tomorrow :thumbsup:

He came fourth overall in Novice Jumping and Fifth overall in Novice Agility, he was the first 300 dog in Novice Jumping and we got a pretty rosette because of that :thumbsup: I am pretty happy and I didn't even think we got a pass in Jumping so was surprised to hear my name get called!

Here he is with his sashes.

sashes.jpg

Woo Hoo Amypie - what a away to join the thread :rofl:

Wishing you the best of luck for the trial this morning and the finals this arvo - go gettem girl :rofl:

What nice ribbons as well :thumbsup: