Ziva's Thread - They Are Here!

SpikesPuppy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful pups!!

My vet is getting a Border Terrier pup in the next week or two - a blue & tan (????). Once he has this one settled in he will be getting a grizzle. He is VERY excited!!!

Ooh I think I know who he's getting his pup from :rofl:

One day I will get my blue & tan :)

Smallest girl (yellow) weighed in at 125g

Largest boy (green) was a whopping 222g :(

All have eaten several meals, and currently resting with full bellies :cheer: keeping a close eye to make sure the little ones don't get pushed out by the bigger kids- everyone has worked out the suckling now (fave sound atm is that slurp they make when they grab a teat :cheer: :cheer: ).

Everyone has commented on Ziva's post-whelping condition, and the condition of the pups, so I must have done soemthing right LOL.Just gotta keep Ziva's condition up while they suck the life out of her ;)

She has been SUCH a good mum- very attentive to their cries and wellbeing but not frantic or stressed. So very very proud of her.

I was gonna do individual shots today but honestly, can't be stuffed. So tomorrow morning will do those during the weigh-in.

First pup arrived at 2:56am..... last pup at 4:35am. 5 were head-first and one was feet first.

HUGE thank you to everyone who's offered advice and support to us- you can't imagine how invaluable it all has been. Special thanks to BB - couldn't have done this without your help :) I owe you a drink ;)

Now for the fun part- watching them grow (and then drive me mad ;) ). I can see why they are called 'time wasters' by so many breeders- you just sit there for hours at a time watching them squiggle their way around, climb all over their siblings and mum, occasionally make little noises and squeaks. I have already worked out their "mum, I need to go to the toilet" squeak lol. soon as Ziva hears it she promptly aids that puppy and all is well.

Beautiful pups!!

My vet is getting a Border Terrier pup in the next week or two - a blue & tan (????). Once he has this one settled in he will be getting a grizzle. He is VERY excited!!!

Would that be Rob, by any chance? His boy is a lovely Blue and Tan pup by my new Swedish Import (Int Ch, Swd Ch, Nwy Ch, WW-08 Damdyke Gentil Hugel) out of my Swedish girl. He's pretty keen on my NZ import bitch, Berri as a companion when I decide to home her. He has waited 18 months - 2 years for this pup and he almost seems like family!

Cheers

Gaela

Big, fat one in the foreground - dog or bitch?

My money is on a boy! Looking good Elsa - they are doing very well and you have your girl in marvellous shape. She almost looks like she is ready for a show.

Cheers

GT

Yep- big fathead is a boy :eek: I call him 'Pac-Man' lol. He is so funny- I think he will be a handful when he grows up :eek: as soon as he was born he was making his way to the nipple :cheer: okay, maybe not but that's what it looked like.

Thanks, Gaela! I am very pleased with how she is doing, it was hard work getting her to eat while pregnant sometimes but the persistence paid off!

Everyone has put on weight again :scared: They are keeping me way too busy lol. They don't do anything but they are so fascinating!

Pile o' puppy (Yes, Yellow is the smallest, but she is doing well, was born at 125g and was 160g at this morning's weigh-in).

Day3-pile.jpg

Fathead (born at 222g, is now 279g :rofl: )

Day3-green.jpg

Our biggest girl, and the last-born (was 202g, now 252g).

Day3-orange.jpg