Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Well we went to visit the puppies at the breeders last night, and it was an hour of puppy heaven!!! They are all so adorable, they are beautiful beautiful pups and all so similar in nature and markings, its so hard to choose!

We also had almost fully decided on the name Memphis - but then when we saw him in person we both went "He's not a Memphis". So now we are likely 97% sure I would say this time, we will call him Chase.

Come on 2 weeks, go past quickly!!

doggylovers- Very cute!

goldbaby- Photos please :D

We went and bought toys, food/water bowls, leads, brush etc yesterday and a crate today. 1 more week until we meet all the pups for the first time and less then 3 weeks to go until we bring her home :thumbsup:

goldbaby- You can upload them to a site like photobucket and then copy the url of the photo. Then when you reply, click on the add photo tab (it has a picture on it) and paste the URL to your photo into that :D Yes, it can get quite expensive :thumbsup:

ETA: Sorry, you can do it when you fast reply as well.

Edited by Nadine83

All these super cute puppies :laugh:

I feel like mine has grown up so quickly...12 weeks now.

Here are some photos of her first look at sheep. She had 3 very short sessions (5 min). She did so well that the instructor said she did enough to qualify for her first herding certificate if it was a trial!

In the little ring-

sheeptrial_20.jpg

'I wanna have a go in the big ring!'

sheeptrial_15.jpg

So little but 'look mum the sheep are doing what I say!'

sheeptrial_3.jpg

Going around the sheep

sheeptrial_7.jpg

Oh Jakemon, now I've seen her with sheep I want her all the more. Great to start her so early, especialy with an ACD, she'll be able to develop the softness she needs for them, learning to control her natural herding hardness which she would ordinarily need for cattle.

Just pop some breathing holes in the Australia Post parcel for her and mail her down to me any day now. :)

Jakemom - awww - so cute! Quick question - I can see in the pics he has his lead on - does he ever get tangled in it?

Nadine83 - haha - that was me last week - now we're waiting 19 days until she comes home (it seems like ages!)

Jakemom - awww - so cute! Quick question - I can see in the pics he has his lead on - does he ever get tangled in it?

Nadine83 - haha - that was me last week - now we're waiting 19 days until she comes home (it seems like ages!)

Yeah, the lead was for the safety of the sheep. Until the instructors know that the dog wont just chase the sheep then they drag their lead behind them, easy to catch them.

She wont have to wear the lead again. It didnt really tangle, she trod on it a few times but she was too focused on the sheep to worry her. Most of her time was just trotting along pushing the sheep forward.

we got an email from the breeder last night, looks like we get to bring Chase home this Saturday instead of the following Saturday! We are so excited!!

I'm attempting to try and join photobucket so I can upload some photos

stay tuned.....

So many cute puppies!

Congrats to everyone who's little ones are home.

Goldbaby I am in the same position as you.

The breeder just called and said we could come and get our little boy this Saturday :cry:

And in other good news my lovely imported boy gets out of quarantine next Friday :laugh:

It's all happening so fast now :D