Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Congrats to all the prospective puppy owners, they are gorgeous.

I keep saying that there will be a sign when we are ready for a new puppy- do you think this could be it? The light on the carpet is not touched up in any way.

What do you think????

(I put this here as well, as you guys and your puppy countdowns are helping keep me grounded- I am not the only one who has to wait.

Tippy2013message0720heartfacebook_zpsfd609b14.jpg

I think so :)

It was so so hard, but getting a new pup has helped me so much. Just make sure the time is right, and I think, like this sign, you will know when.

I'm convinced that the first litter not being successful, happened for a reason, it would of been too soon (they would of been born the same week Sam passed). Being offered Nova from the next planned litter worked out to be perfect timing for me.

I totally agree Lisa, Nova was the "chosen" one for you, for better or worse :thumbsup:

We are more than open and ready to seek our new boy out, just waiting until after our holiday now....

Di

A Parson (Tip was a Parson Russell) or Jack Russell are on top of our list, but we are looking at other breeds as well. A rescue is not out of the question, and I admit I fell in love with Disco Dobe's Jack Russell/ Whippet/collie cross (well, if she looks at him, he WILL be hers). :laugh:

We have also fallen for Aussie Shepherds too, mostly because of the special Aussie Shepherds in this thread. So no, no real criteria yet, but the research is keeping me occupied.

Di

Congrats to all the prospective puppy owners, they are gorgeous.

I keep saying that there will be a sign when we are ready for a new puppy- do you think this could be it? The light on the carpet is not touched up in any way.

What do you think????

(I put this here as well, as you guys and your puppy countdowns are helping keep me grounded- I am not the only one who has to wait.

Tippy2013message0720heartfacebook_zpsfd609b14.jpg

I think thats a very special message from Tippy.

I know this isnt dog related but when my Siamese Storm passed I looked at kittens ect but I decided to wait and 18months later we welcomed Molly an ex breeding cat. Wow was she so similar in looks and ways and she just fits in here perfectly. So I think that signs will lead us where we need to go. I hope you find the perfect match for you.

Crits and Bits, how gorgeous is your Whippy. Make sure you post lots and lots of photos so I can get a sighthound fix.

Love Novas little patchy nose :)

Envy is very cute :)

Tikira - you will know in your heart the right time - and the right puppy will come into your life.

Well, bed time here - but too excited to sleep! Early start in the morning with a 4 hour drive to airport and the another 4 hours to come back home. Flight is due in at 12:35 so hopefully it won't be delayed.

Hope my little Finn is not to scared and overwhelmed by it all :(. It's a lot for a baby to take in for one day ... Leaving his family, flying, and then meeting his new family.

Be prepared for photo overload tomorrow night .... lol!

G'night all ... :)

Hi all,

We've got a new pup. She is an 8 week old Shih Tzu. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Very lovely solid gold with black mask puppy. I think her black mask will eventually fade as I can see some lighter roots already..

Our first night was ok but this morning she cried and scream like no tomorrow wanting to get out from the play pen to play frown.gif

We are lucky our house compound is large enough that the scream seems a little bit (just a little bit) fainter outside. Yes, I walked around the house to checked out the scream while she was screaming. Wanting to make sure the neighbours will not hear the full scream of the pup.

I cannot imagine how big her lungs are that she can really scream, whine, yelp and .... don't know if she bark.. crying.gif

Advice DOLers? When she scream, I should ignore? Totally ignore? confused.gif

Good luck to us for the few weeks to come. Hopefully she will slowly realise that the screaming and whining won't get her anywhere frown.gif

Cheers

A Parson (Tip was a Parson Russell) or Jack Russell are on top of our list, but we are looking at other breeds as well. A rescue is not out of the question, and I admit I fell in love with Disco Dobe's Jack Russell/ Whippet/collie cross (well, if she looks at him, he WILL be hers). :laugh:

We have also fallen for Aussie Shepherds too, mostly because of the special Aussie Shepherds in this thread. So no, no real criteria yet, but the research is keeping me occupied.

Di

One of the pound rescue threads on here gets an unfair number of JRT x working breeds - I WANT THEM ALL!

Sad news for me, but good news for tumbles... The people that had a look at him on Thursday adopted him this morning. So I'll have to just wait for the next adorable JRT x :(

thats a shame DiscoDobe but glad that he found a great family. Im sure there will be another special one out there waiting.

Chewak, Welcome would love to see some pics of your new little girl.

CnB, hope you and Finn are home safe and sound.

Steph, we need Gus pics :)

Not much is happening here, I have been creating and that it whilst waiting. Heading to an IG play date tomorrow in Melb.

Here are some pics of what I have been up to

Snuggle pod for inside the show

post-49259-0-60611000-1373100640_thumb.jpg

A waterproof coat with snaps

post-49259-0-64963300-1373100679_thumb.jpg

We are home !

Plane was delayed so we had to wait an another hour, but finally we got to cuddle our little Finn :D.

Then another 4 hour car trip and home :thumbsup:

so here is "daddy's boy" ..

post-12045-0-56970300-1373103430_thumb.jpg

post-12045-0-35316500-1373103770_thumb.jpg

He is the sweetest little boy - we love him to bits already :D