Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Counting down the 6 weeks til we meet our Shiba pup.

PS - is there anyway to view the whole forum thread rather than opening each reply under Posts in this topic. It just takes so long to read a thread that way.

there is but i can't remember rofl. it has to do with the layout. ask in help forums or try settings first sorry i not much help

Aaawwwww, look at the pile of cute puppies! They are totally gorgeous qbf!

Aren't they :provoke: I have the photo as my desktop at the moment. Every time I look at it, I look like this ---> zvvtrl.gif:)

Shiba pup on his way - Do you mean you want to view the last post of the thread? Btw congrats with the new puppy! I have a soft spot for Shiba Inus.

I love this topic, I keep coming back just to look at all the puppies. :thumbsup:

Nandi is doing great, she weights 2.1kg now... and growing fast. :eek:

4730462122_dfd5ffd0d9.jpg

Hi Tokkie, Nandi is beautiful. I have one of her relatives, Fergus. Ch Winterbourne Rip Curl. :D

Hi Tokkie, Nandi is beautiful. I have one of her relatives, Fergus. Ch Winterbourne Rip Curl. :eek:

Wow.... she was suppose to be called Winterbourne Irish Rebel (Nandi), but I decided (because she is only a pet :D ) to make it Winterbourne Sweet Nandi... Nandi means sweet thing, so it is actually Winterbourne sweet, sweet thing... :thumbsup:

Edited by Tokkie

Aww Angel has big, beautiful eyes BlueStaff. Her name is very fitting. Gorgeous! :eek:

Tokkie it's great to see Nandi is doing fantastic :thumbsup: Her coat looks so soft!!

It's nice that people pop into the thread once in a while to let us know how their pup is going. :D

Hi Tokkie, Nandi is beautiful. I have one of her relatives, Fergus. Ch Winterbourne Rip Curl. :D

Wow.... she was suppose to be called Winterbourne Irish Rebel (Nandi), but I decided (because she is only a pet ;) ) to make it Winterbourne Sweet Nandi... Nandi means sweet thing, so it is actually Winterbourne sweet, sweet thing... :D

She does have a very sweet sweet face. :mad

I have just about 2 months before I get my puppy it's not even born yet (about a week and a half til their born) and I think I actually have almost everything I need.

I'm getting a White Swiss Shepherd

let me know if there is something I am forgetting

Things I have Already:

XXL Wire Dog Crate and Cover (just arrived from vebo pet great product)

VetBed Mat for the bed

heaps of toys (just need to get some kongs and rope toys)

Winter/Summer Coat (I'm in Far North QLD and I still freeze 10 months of the year but I also live in a wind tunnel :thumbsup:)

Lead

3 sizes of harnesses

collar

dog bowls

Things I know I need to get:

Food

Treats

worming, flea, tick stuff

grooming stuff

What else are must haves or optional in everyones experience because this is the first time have had to prepare for a puppy since my dad died 15 months ago.

thanks for your comments :thumbsup:

Edited by dwilds

What else are must haves or optional in everyones experience because this is the first time have had to prepare for a puppy since my dad died 15 months ago.

thanks for your comments (if you have any :cool: )

Wow you are very organised! I think you've got all your necessities covered; any accessories you want is up to you. :eek: Have you thought about getting an ID tag (I'm thinking of investing in one of these, but for the moment I brought an ID Tube) and also maybe an enzyme cleaner like Urine Off to stop the pup going to the toilet in the same place in the house?

thanks for your comments (if you have any :cool: )

Wow you are very organised! I think you've got all your necessities covered; any accessories you want is up to you. :eek: Have you thought about getting an ID tag (I'm thinking of investing in one of these, but for the moment I brought an ID Tube) and also maybe an enzyme cleaner like Urine Off to stop the pup going to the toilet in the same place in the house?

yeah i've looked into ID tags the breeder is supplying one with the pup when I pick it up but I'm going to get one of these that I like better and I can put what I want on it.

yeah I will be getting some urine off as well (I have know idea how to use it - we have never used it before - I would say the instructions would be on the label)

I may also be moving just before or after I get my puppy so I need to be organised now :laugh:

Hi all, I'm a total newbie, so I figured I'd start in this post seeming as I found my puppy through this very website ;)

It's been 5 long weeks now since I first met 7 squirming little Welsh Pembroke Corgi pups, one of which I get to keep.

Nearly two months ago, my Corgi X, Shandy, passed away. She was turning 15 this year. It was absolutely devastating, especially because it was so unexpected (she ran under a family friend's car) and for her age, she was doing so well. She was losing her hearing a little (I think that's why she didn't hear the car), but other than that she was fine. She was my childhood companion, my best friend, and it still hurts thinking about the fact that she's gone. I just never thought (or wanted to think) that she would ever leave us.

Whilst I'll always miss Shandy, I knew that it I couldn't live without another little friend to look after, which is why I did some extensive research and found a reputable breeder to get my little boy from :laugh:

I'm getting him next Sunday, so I'm pretty excited as you may expect!

she is so adorable <3

Thanks spitzbaby, we are taking her (and Ringo) to the beach for the first time today, I can't wait. :rofl:

Awww do they get to play in the water? it's a lil cold here where I am though xD

any photos? photos? and more photos? :eek:

Hi all, I'm a total newbie, so I figured I'd start in this post seeming as I found my puppy through this very website :rofl:

It's been 5 long weeks now since I first met 7 squirming little Welsh Pembroke Corgi pups, one of which I get to keep.

Nearly two months ago, my Corgi X, Shandy, passed away. She was turning 15 this year. It was absolutely devastating, especially because it was so unexpected (she ran under a family friend's car) and for her age, she was doing so well. She was losing her hearing a little (I think that's why she didn't hear the car), but other than that she was fine. She was my childhood companion, my best friend, and it still hurts thinking about the fact that she's gone. I just never thought (or wanted to think) that she would ever leave us.

Whilst I'll always miss Shandy, I knew that it I couldn't live without another little friend to look after, which is why I did some extensive research and found a reputable breeder to get my little boy from :rofl:

I'm getting him next Sunday, so I'm pretty excited as you may expect!

Hi Buckley! welcome.. I'm new here too and also waiting on my baby boy :) Mine won't be coming home with me as soon as yours though.. but I'm already excited.. can't imagine how it feels for you.. remember to take photos and show us :eek:

Hi Buckley! welcome.. I'm new here too and also waiting on my baby boy :love: Mine won't be coming home with me as soon as yours though.. but I'm already excited.. can't imagine how it feels for you.. remember to take photos and show us :laugh:

Ohh... when are you going to get your little boy?!