Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Just want to share with the world that we finally brought home our beautiful Boston Terrier pup, Archie, on Monday! He is absolutely divine and we're all smitten with him already!

He has been such a good boy, only a tiny bit if carrying on when we put him in his crate/playpen at night and for naps and has been great with his toileting too. We're surprised at how easy he has been! Is there generally a calm before the storm?!!

Anyway I'd really love to share pics but don't think I can do that from my iPhone (please someone correct me if I'm wrong?) so will try to jump on the computer ASAP.

Oh and one more thing- the puppy smell!!! BLISS!! :D

Just want to share with the world that we finally brought home our beautiful Boston Terrier pup, Archie, on Monday! He is absolutely divine and we're all smitten with him already!

He has been such a good boy, only a tiny bit if carrying on when we put him in his crate/playpen at night and for naps and has been great with his toileting too. We're surprised at how easy he has been! Is there generally a calm before the storm?!!

Anyway I'd really love to share pics but don't think I can do that from my iPhone (please someone correct me if I'm wrong?) so will try to jump on the computer ASAP.

Oh and one more thing- the puppy smell!!! BLISS!! :D

Oohh photos please! The boston was high on my breed list but i decided they may have been a bit to active for me so i got another squish face, my griffon. My pup though is nuts and never stops :laugh:

Awww Archie and Beau are both so cute .. Aaaaaaa puppies :love:

Well we picked Oliver up and travelled 2 days home with him in the motor home - He was such a great traveller in his crate , cried for a few minutes and then not a peep out of him - so relieved was not looking forward to driving with a crying pup on board

Maggie was a grumble bum for a few days but decided this morning to have a game with him so I think we are making progress there

Only a few accidents in the house and he has taken himself out side a few times to do wee wees so that is also pleasing

He is a live wire , never stops running and exploring Have fallen in love already

8208618771_1e4f9dc3e5_z.jpg

DSCN0124 by

mtd3, on Flickr

8209709590_82d97e9f02_z.jpg

DSCN0116 by mtd3, on Flickr

Edited by MTD

• 2 weeks later...

What gorgeous puppies :) :) :)

We will be getting our new GSP puppy next week! Its been 8 years since we last had a puppy, the rest since have been rescues or young adults from a breeder, so trying to prepare ourselves for him as best we can :)

Loving all the puppy pics and reading about them all ! :love:

We are currently on a breeders potential owners waiting list. The breeder doesn't make any final decisions until the puppies are about 6 weeks as to who will get which puppy (altho we only are after a particular colour) which narrows us down to 2 from the litter of 4, if they continue to do well. It also will depend which pup the breeder will want to keep for herself.

So we have another 4-5 weeks to patiently wait until we know if we will be the the owners of a new puppy cavalier. Please keep your fingers crossed for us :)

What gorgeous puppies :) :) :)

We will be getting our new GSP puppy next week! Its been 8 years since we last had a puppy, the rest since have been rescues or young adults from a breeder, so trying to prepare ourselves for him as best we can :)

Oooo excellent !! Ive never owned a puppy before, always had rescues or young adults from breeders as well :)

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Loving all the puppy pics and reading about them all ! :love:

We are currently on a breeders potential owners waiting list. The breeder doesn't make any final decisions until the puppies are about 6 weeks as to who will get which puppy (altho we only are after a particular colour) which narrows us down to 2 from the litter of 4, if they continue to do well. It also will depend which pup the breeder will want to keep for herself.

So we have another 4-5 weeks to patiently wait until we know if we will be the the owners of a new puppy cavalier. Please keep your fingers crossed for us :)

How exciting Jules :) Are you planning on a boy or girl?

We got to choose this week as to which one we wanted out of the suitable boys in the litter - even narrowing it down to 2 puppies made it difficult, although we aren't fussed on colour/markings and we aren't going to show this pup, they are all so lovely it's such a big decision.

We thought we were prepared, but I think we will do a final sweep of the house, and I'm going to get a larger puppy pen to run off his crate inside as the one we have is for a tiny little terrier. I guess we can sort out anything else we've forgotten once he arrives. Then its name choosing time :) We've got a list of favourites, but will make the final decision when we've spent more time with him.

We got to choose this week as to which one we wanted out of the suitable boys in the litter - even narrowing it down to 2 puppies made it difficult, although we aren't fussed on colour/markings and we aren't going to show this pup, they are all so lovely it's such a big decision.

We thought we were prepared, but I think we will do a final sweep of the house, and I'm going to get a larger puppy pen to run off his crate inside as the one we have is for a tiny little terrier. I guess we can sort out anything else we've forgotten once he arrives. Then its name choosing time :) We've got a list of favourites, but will make the final decision when we've spent more time with him.

Its is !! but I can't get too excited for quite a few weeks yet in case I don't get one. Not sure how many others on waiting list also and theres only 4 puppies and then the breeder will want one too! The waiting is unbearable lol

Of the colour type I want, there is only 2, one is a boy and one is a girl.

We are not fussed either way and have never put in a preference to the breeder to which sex we would prefer. Deep down I would really love a girl, because we are not sure how much longer we will have Renae :( (and also girl dogs are more fun to dress up lol) but then the breeder if she chooses that particular colour, will most probably keep the girl im assuming.

We have said all along this has all come about because of fate, so we leaving it up the Universe to decide it we are meant to get one, and whatever sex it is, either way we will be very happy! :D

In your case where you have been given a choice to choose, it must be very hard, but the right one will pick you as they say It is a big decision ! :)

Must be exciting getting the house organise for his arrival ! I cant even do that yet. Way too early .

Naming them would be the fun part ! Ive never named any of my dogs (except for one), as they have all been older and i have prefered to keep the same names they have been used too. The only dog I ever renamed (he was a younger dog) was because the original owner was a nasty person, and named him Killer. I changed it to Sabre :)

I'll keep checking in here from time to time for updates :D

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Its is !! but I can't get too excited for quite a few weeks yet in case I don't get one. Not sure how many others on waiting list also and theres only 4 puppies and then the breeder will want one too! The waiting is unbearable lol

Of the colour type I want, there is only 2, one is a boy and one is a girl.

We are not fussed either way and have never put in a preference to the breeder to which sex we would prefer. Deep down I would really love a girl, because we are not sure how much longer we will have Renae :( (and also girl dogs are more fun to dress up lol) but then the breeder if she chooses that particular colour, will most probably keep the girl im assuming.

We have said all along this has all come about because of fate, so we leaving it up the Universe to decide it we are meant to get one, and whatever sex it is, either way we will be very happy! :D

In your case where you have been given a choice to choose, it must be very hard, but the right one will pick you as they say It is a big decision ! :)

Must be exciting getting the house organise for his arrival ! I cant even do that yet. Way too early .

Naming them would be the fun part ! Ive never named any of my dogs (except for one), as they have all been older and i have prefered to keep the same names they have been used too. The only dog I ever renamed (he was a younger dog) was because the original owner was a nasty person, and named him Killer. I changed it to Sabre :)

I'll keep checking in here from time to time for updates :D

Fingers crossed for you :)

Yes its been a while since I've had to name a puppy as well, I always consider it so carefully and then they end up with so many nicknames anyway that they are barely referred to by their 'real' name :) Some of our friends thought we had a lot more than 4 dogs because we refer to them by different names in conversation!

I'm so excited that I get to join this thread :thumbsup:

We had no plans on a pup for a long time but our Terrier cross was run over 2 months ago. (Unfortunate accident on our own property)

OH said he wasn't ready BUTTTTT as you do I decided it was time (and the fact that our Ridgeback boy is so lonely and sad)

So I started the phone calls and have found a breeder who has a pup that is potentially good enough for the show ring :thumbsup:

Although if he turns out to not be we will still be taking him :-)

He is a Jack Russell broken to rough coat and rather gorgeous.

OH has decided to call him Russell which I can't say I love but considering 2 weeks ago he was adamant that we were not getting a pup, I can't really complain lol

Pup is staying with the breeder until he is 12 weeks old as she wants to run him on a little bit longer and it's killing me lol.

He is 8 weeks old now so I'm just itching to get him home.

Have been furiously googling how to strip coats and buying puppy pens lol

Cheers Janet

Very exciting RJ :) Sorry to hear about your sad loss :(

I was also shocked at how quickly my husbands mind changed about getting a new addition. He was dead set against getting another dog as he didn't feel ready, so we were going to look later down the track. Then after a friend dropped in with her dogs, one being a GSP, he decided he can't be without a GSP so he asked me to start looking for suitable dogs :) Now he's crazy excited and can't stop talking about the new addition.

Men are strange beast aren't they :confused::rofl: :rofl:

After all these years I still haven't figured mine out.

Dogs are far easier lol

The other thing that is funny is that OH is old school, off a farm and got dogs from where ever and didn't want me to spend "ALL THAT MONEY" on another purebred.

But now pup is ordered has not once asked how much he is costing.

Mind you I kept telling him his ridgeback was not $2 give away ( I bought ridgeback for OH) and he says "oh but Boofs special :laugh: I'm not sure he quite understand how "special" Boof is ROFL if Boof was a human he certainly wouldn't be a brain surgeon or even an accountant.

Cheers Janet