Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Thankyou dogsforjane, 3 more sleeps now thumbsup1.gif yes this last week is really dragging out !!!!

I will do an update once shes here and settled in ;)

Hows your puppy going??

Wow already down to the last 3 dayscheer.gif!!! I seem to be just as thrilled as you are!

Yoness has been with us for almost 3weeks now and she is just full of energy and such a joy to have around.

When I compare the photo of when she first arrived she has definitely gotten much bigger. It is amazing how fast puppies grow!

One thing we are still working very hard on is house training. She goes outside to potty when I take her out every 1-2 hours but she is also more than happy to pee inside my room, anywhere other than her crate which is frustrating because she would show no signs of sniffing etc and randomly just goicon_smile_mad.gif

On the good note, Yoness absolutely LOVES everyone and would wag her tail vigorously and roll over for a tummy rub to every single person she would encounter.

I must admit, sometimes I secretly get a teeny bit jealous and wished she reserved this overly affectionate side to me onlystroke.gif

This is a photo of Yoness 2 days ago all tangled up in her leash laugh.gif

post-47624-0-66114500-1360109551_thumb.jpg

Yoness is GORGEOUS! You've got to love those ninja pee-ers, my girl was one of those when she was little. I'd watch her like a hawk but she wouldn't give me any signs that she needed to go, she'd just go!

That reminds me, I need to stock up on pee cleaner and paper towels before my new puppy comes home.

Yoness is sure growing and looking beautiful ! love.gif

Shes a puppy, they going make mistakes, i bet we did heaps as babies hehe Its all part of the fun of having them from a young age .. It will be my first experience of owning a puppy. Her breeder has started already on her housetraining. I expect we are all going learn as we go ;-)

I understand about the jealousy thing, im secretly hoping Miah fusses over me more than my husband lol

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Perfectly normal Jules! It's very much like expecting a new baby, it's a strange combination of anxiety and excitement.

The only thing I am not looking forward to is the sleepless nights when Flynn needs to go to the toilet, it takes me ages to fall asleep again. On the upside at least it's not winter!

I can't wait for your photos and updates Jules.

Thanks Sujo !! I have never even had a human baby, so its very very new to me ! Im 46, and i just had to experience a baby something hehe

yes its a good its still summer when we are getting our puppies! Im not looking fwd to having to get up extra early either, i like staying in bed till later these days lol

My husband or I usually put Joey and Renae out around 4.30-5.30am's for them to go the toilet anyway :)

Not long before Flynn comes too, bet you are getting very excited as well !!!

I will do an update at some stage after Miah's arrived. I bought Joey a little black and white spotted bow tie to meet his new sister with :)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Thanks Sujo biggrin.gif

Not sure how J and R will be with a bundle of energy running around them, but if she gets too full on and they need some time out, we have bought some large pens for inside and the outside the house for her to play in also .. We have put a baby gate on the spare room's door so the cats have somewhere to escape lol. One of our cats goes into her cat run during the day anyway if the weather is nice :)

im very excited but also nervous, is that normal. Im worrying about lots of silly little things atm

LOL, I popped in here to see where "we" were with this delivery and TODAY IS THE DAY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had a little laugh about your nervousness ---- at my expense. When I first had two little puppies, I was a wreck. I'd not had a pet for decades, knew nothing about puppies and was sooooooo nervous. A friend came to visit and I remember crying on her shoulder, I was so worried that I'd do the wrong thing. I even asked my vet if puppies could die of cot death.

Anyway, I am very very excited for you and can't wait to see pix and and learn about your third Cav and how Jules and Renae are adjusting to a new family member.

LOL, I popped in here to see where "we" were with this delivery and TODAY IS THE DAY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had a little laugh about your nervousness ---- at my expense. When I first had two little puppies, I was a wreck. I'd not had a pet for decades, knew nothing about puppies and was sooooooo nervous. A friend came to visit and I remember crying on her shoulder, I was so worried that I'd do the wrong thing. I even asked my vet if puppies could die of cot death.

Anyway, I am very very excited for you and can't wait to see pix and and learn about your third Cav and how Jules and Renae are adjusting to a new family member.

Its tomorrow shes coming DD :)

So you can relate to how im feeling embarrass.gif Her breeder is bringing her here and i just want everything to go perfectly, so i hope Joey and Renae will be on their best behavior ! ;-)

When we got Joey , he was about 15 months old and i swear i was ringing up the vet every few days because i thought he was sick/injured etc, and i was always overreacting big time! lol Miah's breeder has said on numerous occasions doesn't matter how trivial any concerns we have about her, we can always contact her for advice etc ;)

Even tho Im fairly experienced with owning dogs most of my life, ive just never had a puppy before ! so yeah excited and nervous at the same time .

I will do lots of updates via her blog. biggrin.gif x

Ellz, your little puppy is gorgeous, with a capital G! :love:

And Yoness, well, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth - she's my favourite colour. Absolutely adorable! :love:

Looking forward to seeing photos of your puppy, Jules. :)

Thank you poochmad biggrin.gif