Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Indie is Adorable!

So I've replied to the breeder of the pup that never was, and said yes I would like to take up the offer of a pup from her next litter. Mating has already happened so looking at 6 weeks till birth if the mating was successful.

I've got a bit of inner turmoil going on. I've been holding out 3 years for a pup, and I definitely want it! But part of me just feels like I'm betraying Sam, I know thats silly, but I can't shake it. I'm hoping that when I go back home in a few weeks and plant his rose and ashes it will help.

Indie is Adorable!

So I've replied to the breeder of the pup that never was, and said yes I would like to take up the offer of a pup from her next litter. Mating has already happened so looking at 6 weeks till birth if the mating was successful.

I've got a bit of inner turmoil going on. I've been holding out 3 years for a pup, and I definitely want it! But part of me just feels like I'm betraying Sam, I know thats silly, but I can't shake it. I'm hoping that when I go back home in a few weeks and plant his rose and ashes it will help.

Our pups should be due around the same time by the sounds of it :)

I understand how you feel, but I think Sam would want you to be happy, right? :)

Hi Lisa CC

Don't think that way, I firmly believe our dogs love us so selflessly that they would be really thrilled you are going to have some happiness again. I know my boy would want me to smile and be happy, he hated me to be sad.

It is not a betrayal, I am sure Sam is "up there" busily choosing your new family member, and he will choose the right puppy for you.

Good luck Lisa

Di

We haz a puppy with our name on it!!!

So all being well in 6 to 8 weeks there will be a puppy pic bonanza (providing the little ratbag will sit still...and Dory stops fussing with it).

Poor cats, they don't know what is about to hit. :laugh:

We are getting a Rottie. Looking forward to doing obedience with a dog that doesn't chuck a tanty cos you asked it to do something. :laugh:

So all being well in 6 to 8 weeks there will be a puppy pic bonanza (providing the little ratbag will sit still...and Dory stops fussing with it).

We are getting a Rottie. Looking forward to doing obedience with a dog that doesn't chuck a tanty cos you asked it to do something. :laugh:

Oooooo look forward to pics and all the info if you willing to provide parents etc from a fellow rotti lover/owner

why we are waiting on younger rotti pup pics here are some from today of my boy Phantom

Moccarott No Comment Desired 5.5months

Ch Moccarott Stop and Stare x serb. ch int uch. hung ch. ch felix crni lotus b.h. ipo1 (imp srb)

post-33396-0-46404100-1365339553_thumb.jpg

post-33396-0-94667000-1365339600_thumb.jpg

post-33396-0-56536000-1365339665_thumb.jpg

Oh how exciting for everyone!

We moved house over the long weekend and we now have a wonderful big puppy friendly yard and a sunny deck and a door that leads into the laundry which can be closed off for access to that. Oh and the inside is lovely too ;)

But we all have our little fingers crossed here, perhaps not Rufus, the persian. He will be (temporarily, I hope, but initially) less than impressed if the puppy fairy blesses us.

Excellent ! thumbsup1.gif

Even tho my parents bred GSD's when i was younger (they were registered breeders), years later in their 50s/60's they got into Rotti's and owned 2 beautiful ones for many years. Tess and Teagan They have since gone to doggy heaven frown.gif

Oh how exciting for you also Lisa :)

Its always bittersweet when you lose one of your precious furbabies and knowing the right time to move onto the next one.. When we were offered Renae, Joey's Mum, their breeder thought it would be best to wait a few months before she brought Renae to us. We had just lost of our Jenna dog to cancer.crying.gif Its all in the timing. When the time is right, usually things fall into place.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Jules I think you are spot on, if the other pups had survived I think it would of been too soon, but this puts an extra two months on top of that wait. Not a long time to wait for the pup after this long, but a good amount of time to have with myself to think about Sam.

As Tikira said, Sam is probably up there picking out the right pup for me, and strange enough the matings took place the following days after I lost him, I wonder if reincarnation happens in dogs laugh.gif.

Edited by LisaCC

Jules I think you are spot on, if the other pups had survived I think it would of been too soon, but this puts an extra two months on top of that wait. Not a long time to wait for the pup after this long, but a good amount of time to have with myself to think about Sam.

As Tikira said, Sam is probably up there picking out the right pup for me, and strange enough the matings took place the follows days after I lost him, I wonder if reincarnation happens in dogs laugh.gif.

After we heard that the pup we rescued and rehomed with a family friend died of a brown snake bite, we were devastated. But I swear that Cleo is just as cheeky as little Coco was! Coco was taken far too soon and had a terrible start to her brief life, we loved her so very much, Im hoping that she knew this and came back to us with spots and in a breed that could smile :)