Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Just out of curiosity, what would you guys consider to be pre-puppy arrival essentials?

I mean, I have the shoebox of shame under the bed but all that's in that are some toys and books and the 'fun stuff', what else would you say was a total lifesaver through the puppy welcoming stage? Big and small item suggestions welcome!

Just out of curiosity, what would you guys consider to be pre-puppy arrival essentials?

I mean, I have the shoebox of shame under the bed but all that's in that are some toys and books and the 'fun stuff', what else would you say was a total lifesaver through the puppy welcoming stage? Big and small item suggestions welcome!

Hi Steph, if you know what diet the puppy is being fed I would stock a bag of this food. Most good breeders will send you home with a sample, but I reckon it's better to be safe than sorry and buy a bag in for yourself. If it's not the food you plan to feed then purchase a bag of that too so you can do a slow change over.

Have you worked out where puppy is sleeping?

Are you going to crate train? If so...crate.

Pee pads or newspaper, if you plan on the laundry/bathroom/play pen route for house training.

Old towels..these are always handy no matter what.

I think if you have the basic needs covered you should do fine. bowls etc.

Have you got a light collar and lead? That way you can start to lead and collar train.

Worming syrup or tablets...or whatever parasite prevention you plan on using. Puppies need to be wormed every 2 weeks till they are 12 weeks old.

That's all I can think of at this stage. And you've jogged my mind to stay laying in the supplies myself! :thumbsup:

Bjelkier, what a gorgeous pup!!! Tyrian is my favourite character! Showing my ignorance here, but what breed is he? I'm new to dogs so I'm sure this is a stupid question...

Melina Tyrion is a Havanese.

It's not a stupid question at all, they're still quite a rare breed.

So puppy questionaire was sent with the photos of our house minus bedroom photos of course (as if anyone would want to look in there :laugh: ) I got a reply that she will be taking photos for me to have a look at so I am taking that as a good sign :)

--Lhok