12 Yr Old Golden Retreiver Coughing Up Blood

indigirl

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok well Reg is still with us. He had a blood transfusion and also plasma. Thankfully his owner arrived back just as I was trying to carry him out to the car.

My golden is next on the list of donors if needs be. We used the vets dog this time.

I have to g0o round and help the owner get him into the house. thankd for all the support xxx

I thought i would pop back in before bed, i was fearing the worse when i read you were taking him back to the vet, thank dog that he is still hanging in there... Hopefully now his temp is coming down and his gums are a little pink he will keep improving..

You have been amazing indigirl...

Im so grateful for all the support and encouragement. At one stage today I believed Reg was dying, bleeding to death internally as I held him. I cant sleep as that moment keeps replaying in my head. Words dont really convey the horror I felt. He is such a lovely dog, so trusting and so gentle.

Thank god he made it through the day. Old dogs are such beautiful souls.

Im so grateful for all the support and encouragement. At one stage today I believed Reg was dying, bleeding to death internally as I held him. I cant sleep as that moment keeps replaying in my head. Words dont really convey the horror I felt. He is such a lovely dog, so trusting and so gentle.

Thank god he made it through the day. Old dogs are such beautiful souls.

They certainly are beautiful souls. :laugh: I think that once you know that Reg is out of the woods, you'll be able to step back and see what a good job you've done and hopefully you'll be able to stop reliving that moment. I can imagine how truly awful that feeling of helplessness would have been. :thumbsup: Biggest healing vibes to Reg to gain strength during the night.

Also popped in to check on how poor old Reg is doing, I hope he is feeling better today and continues to improve.

IG, I can understand how profound that moment is where you are holding such a precious soul in your arms, and you believe that they are dying. But, you pulled him through this far - you did a fabulous job under very trying circumstances - and hopefully when Reg recovers, you will be able to look back and feel such pride on helping this poor old boy - in holding him close at his hour of need when he only had you - I'm sure what you have done for him made more difference than you will ever know.

Lots of healing, loving vibes (and sloppy doggy kisses) being sent Reg's way from all of us here.