• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how much vit k???

need to give daily i think

blood transfusion perhaps?

H

yes the Vit K needs to be continued and Platelets would be good......They need to do a clotting profile to see what he is up to

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for this gorgeous boy.........I have gone through all of this with a friends dog, we ended up at Werribee

Hi sorry for the delay in updating, had to work this morning. Dropped round to see Reg before work. Good news is he stopped bleeding about 5am. Bad news is he wont weight bear on his legs and he has a very high fever - 41deg. Vet came to see him at home and is very concerned about his high fever which indicates a raging infection somewhere. Owner jsut left to go pick up IV antibiotics and fluid. She is going to run a bag of fluids into him and antibiotics. hoping that will bring his fever down. Does anyone know oif this kind of fever is usually associated with ratsack poisoning?

Im sitting with the beautiful boy spraying his mouth to keep it moist. The owner had maybe an hours sleep last night, Reg was too unwell for her to sleep. He looks better, no blood and settled but am worried++ about the infection now.

how much vit k???

need to give daily i think

blood transfusion perhaps?

H

yes the Vit K needs to be continued and Platelets would be good......They need to do a clotting profile to see what he is up to

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for this gorgeous boy.........I have gone through all of this with a friends dog, we ended up at Werribee

Did he have a raging fever?

Indi girl ,thanx for the update ,a friend oif mine lost one of my breeding to rat poisoning,he had a raging fever as well ,here praying reg will pull though ,with al the healing vibes being sent from DOL community to u all .

Did the dog die from bleeding internally or the infection do you know?

Thinking of you :thumbsup:

Could a fever be caused by the blood loss/imbalance in the body? All his systems would be failing....

Sorry, don't know.

Hope all your efforts pay off.

:thumbsup:

going on the many imbalances we have around here and have delt with in the past, temps do soar when the body is fighting an invader. CNS goes in to over drive trying to rid of the invader. CNS can cause a lot of bizzare body reactions. I had a horse who didnt do a certain brand of wormer (we found out) but similar symptoms to a severe infection. Fingers crossed to the beautiful boy, reminds me of my Elliot.

Edited by Chewbacca

Indi girl ,thanx for the update ,a friend oif mine lost one of my breeding to rat poisoning,he had a raging fever as well ,here praying reg will pull though ,with al the healing vibes being sent from DOL community to u all .

Did the dog die from bleeding internally or the infection do you know?

Indi girl ,it was a combanation of all factors ...as far as i know ,

He was on a drip for 3 days with raging temp, the vets were constantly hosing to keep him cool ,he was on vit k injections as well

sorry can offer u any more advise ,but prayers by he truck load