Positive Thoughts Needed For Dear Porridge

MissMolly

Ok I wasn't going to post about this, but I would love everyone positive thoughts sent my dear Porridge's way. She is at the vets today having a mammary tumour removed as it is cancerous and growing quite fast. She is almost 9 and has a grade 6 heart murmer so the decision to have this surgery was not taken lightly as it is a big risk.

So I need everyone to send her positive vibes so she makes it through.. She is such a dear sweet girl and sadly spent some of her years being abused and used by others but is now living life been spoilt like all cavaliers should be..

I am doing my best to stay positive..

Here is a couple of photo's of her..

Picture380-1.jpg

Picture415.jpg

Thanks..

Edited by MissMolly

Cavvy love being channelled your way. Good luck sweet girl.

Was Porridge desexed?

I went through this with my Border Collie/Heeler X a few years ago. She was 12 and had to go through a hysterestomy and major masectomy. She recovered well from the surgery but passed on a few months later from a stroke. Who knew.

Huge hugs for you MM and fingers crossed for Porridge :laugh:

I think of this girl often, and how glad I am that you were there, willing and able to come to her rescue and give her the love she deserves. You are her angel, and my prayers are with you.

Was Porridge desexed?

I went through this with my Border Collie/Heeler X a few years ago. She was 12 and had to go through a hysterestomy and major masectomy. She recovered well from the surgery but passed on a few months later from a stroke. Who knew.

LizT we were told she was desexed, and she hasn't shown any signs of having a season and she has been with us since April last year. But she was used to make lots of cross puppies and if she is desexed (which i think she is) then it wasn't until just before we got her..

Huge hugs for you MM and fingers crossed for Porridge :laugh:

I think of this girl often, and how glad I am that you were there, willing and able to come to her rescue and give her the love she deserves. You are her angel, and my prayers are with you.

Thank you Kissindra and thank you for bringing her to my attention and therefore into our lives.. We all adore her and everyone who knows Porridge has a soft spot for her..

Was Porridge desexed?

LizT we were told she was desexed, and she hasn't shown any signs of having a season and she has been with us since April last year. But she was used to make lots of cross puppies and if she is desexed (which i think she is) then it wasn't until just before we got her..

Oh the poor girl, I didn't know she was a rescue girl. Good that they desexed her so that she wouldn't be at risk of being used again. Yes I understand, my Vet told me that desexing only protects againts ovarian and breast cancer if done before the first season. So that even though a bitch is desexed she can still have mammary cancer. Not that desexing is a guarantee or not desexing them means they 'll get it either. Let's hope for the best.