Camera Bags

PooMother

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe that the Kelly Moore bags are on sale this week for $199 so it's a pretty good deal again. There are a couple of colours that are sold out, including the fuschia.

I am trying to find the time/motivation to get a solid review up on mine...maybe this weekend!

And ShootSac is on sale for THREE days only. This is a bag you'd use when you don't want to put your camera in it but do want to carry a bunch of lenses or accessories for quick access on the go. I have one of these and the build quality is good and it's comfortable. Looks like she's bringing out a new bag that will also allow a camera body - it's being launched this week but there's a video of it on her site (which I've just watched and shows nothing...it's totally poxy).

So many choices!

Edited by kja

I love my KM Bag. I took it to work yesterday (with camers in it and my wallet etc) and the reaction from the girls was great. They couldnt beleive it was a camera bag :-) Still I better pull my finger out and find something for hubby I guess......Lowenpro probably.

Firestone it is an evil thread lol. I went into the lens thread and when OH went OS the other month I had him bring back a new lens, flash and few other bits and pieces, now had I not gone into the photo thread I wouldnt have spent all his money ;-)

I love my KM Bag. I took it to work yesterday (with camers in it and my wallet etc) and the reaction from the girls was great. They couldnt beleive it was a camera bag :-) Still I better pull my finger out and find something for hubby I guess......Lowenpro probably.

Firestone it is an evil thread lol. I went into the lens thread and when OH went OS the other month I had him bring back a new lens, flash and few other bits and pieces, now had I not gone into the photo thread I wouldnt have spent all his money ;-)

I can hardly wait to get my camera next week. I will probably go with the back pak type bag that was posted earlier in the thread as I want the camera, accessories and my personal stuff all together especially at shows and places like that. With the back pack I can hang inside the trolley as well so thats a bonus

I can hardly wait to get my camera next week. I will probably go with the back pak type bag that was posted earlier in the thread as I want the camera, accessories and my personal stuff all together especially at shows and places like that. With the back pack I can hang inside the trolley as well so thats a bonus

Yes true antoher reason I need to get OH one....so when I get to show I can have all of my belongings together on the trolley :-)

I'm looking forward to finding time to get out with my bag.

I have to say, I wasn't WOWed by the fuschia - it's far more sedate than it looks on the net. There's no doubt it's very nice, don't get me wrong! I just didn't have my socks blown off by it. But I appear to be in the distinct minority on that score. :D

I have to say, I wasn't WOWed by the fuschia - it's far more sedate than it looks on the net. There's no doubt it's very nice, don't get me wrong! I just didn't have my socks blown off by it. But I appear to be in the distinct minority on that score. :D

No it isnt as pink as it looks but I love this colour better it matches some of the shoes I have :-)

I have to say, I wasn't WOWed by the fuschia - it's far more sedate than it looks on the net. There's no doubt it's very nice, don't get me wrong! I just didn't have my socks blown off by it. But I appear to be in the distinct minority on that score. :(

No it isnt as pink as it looks but I love this colour better it matches some of the shoes I have :-)

I can tell you I just got caught looking at the websites listed here and ebay and hubby did not look amused. His comment to my son, well new camera so I suppose it will be time for an 'accessory-fest', I hate to think what will be delivered in the mail in the coming weeks.

I have been good I promise :eek:

I finally bought a decent camera bag a couple of weeks ago. :happydance2: I decided on a backpack because having a lot of weight bearing on one shoulder causes me pain and I wanted something that would fit all of my camera gear as well as have heaps of space for other stuff, like my purse, diary, bottle of water, light jacket etc... I got the Lowepro Versapack on sale for $135 and I love it! It's a lovely medium grey and polar blue colour and is so comfortable with really easy access to everything and in my opinion at least, doesn't scream "I'm a camera bag" to non camera users. You can change how much space you give to the camera gear vs your other stuff by adjusting the divider in the middle and it also has a weatherproof cover and tripod mount. Sooooo much easier for taking my camera into work or just generally out and about with me.

http://vidego.productvideocast.com/player.php?p=bo1ut89q

Can I ask what colours it comes in as it shows balck/grey and grey/blue on the video in the link.

Justice Shades did you get yours from a camera shop?

Have checked out Harvey Norman and they had some but not a great range.

ooo i want the kelly moore bag in grey. thankfully they're out of stock as i just bought myself a new camera bag yesterday with my birthday money. i got a tamrac aero 80 photo/laptop backpack

it was very comfy on, has a large upper section for day stuff, will easily fit my body and up to 5 lenses in it (one attached to body), and will fit my laptop when i need to take it too :happydance2: it also has 2 of those mesh pockets on the side, handy for water bottles/umbrella's etc.

Ebay have camera bags aswell though as I havent researched prices Im not sure how comparable they are. Teds Camera HOuse has a good selection but then I am on NSW Central Coast so that isnt much help to you FS

I finally bought a decent camera bag a couple of weeks ago. :) I decided on a backpack because having a lot of weight bearing on one shoulder causes me pain and I wanted something that would fit all of my camera gear as well as have heaps of space for other stuff, like my purse, diary, bottle of water, light jacket etc... I got the Lowepro Versapack on sale for $135 and I love it! It's a lovely medium grey and polar blue colour and is so comfortable with really easy access to everything and in my opinion at least, doesn't scream "I'm a camera bag" to non camera users. You can change how much space you give to the camera gear vs your other stuff by adjusting the divider in the middle and it also has a weatherproof cover and tripod mount. Sooooo much easier for taking my camera into work or just generally out and about with me.

http://vidego.productvideocast.com/player.php?p=bo1ut89q

Can I ask what colours it comes in as it shows balck/grey and grey/blue on the video in the link.

Justice Shades did you get yours from a camera shop?

Have checked out Harvey Norman and they had some but not a great range.

It only comes in those two colours. I got the grey/blue one and really like the colours on it. I got it from a camera shop in Adelaide so maybe check around with camera shops near you. I found that Harvey Norman and other places like it had very little to choose from.

Thanks so much I am looking at the moment but I am pretty sure thats the one I will get.
ooo i want the kelly moore bag in grey. thankfully they're out of stock as i just bought myself a new camera bag yesterday with my birthday money. i got a tamrac aero 80 photo/laptop backpack

it was very comfy on, has a large upper section for day stuff, will easily fit my body and up to 5 lenses in it (one attached to body), and will fit my laptop when i need to take it too :rofl: it also has 2 of those mesh pockets on the side, handy for water bottles/umbrella's etc.

Thats a really nice back pack as well, thanks
Ebay have camera bags aswell though as I havent researched prices Im not sure how comparable they are. Teds Camera HOuse has a good selection but then I am on NSW Central Coast so that isnt much help to you FS
Have done the Ebay thing and most are really lovely but I think I want to be able to see them. I love the one JS posted and its got the space for my things like wallet, drink bottle and a jacket.

OMG :laugh: I have just googled TEDS CAMERAS. Teds Camera Stores

thanks firestone. i looked at 3 suitable backpacks, one didn't have the laptop section and the top section was angled in so very narrow at the top, and i thought it looked funny so didn't get it. it did have great access to the camera section at the bottom.

the other one had the camera section fold out funny and i didn't like that lol

but the one i bought was the one i liked a few weeks ago and went back to again yesterday to see what dad thought, and ended up buying it.

but now i really really want one of those kelly moore bags too... oh well, i have to wait til may.

OMG :thumbsup: I have just googled TEDS CAMERAS. Teds Camera Stores

That's where I got mine from but I went in to the store in Adelaide instead of purchasing online. I didn't even think to mention that you could buy from them online. Sorry. :laugh:

Thats ok JS. We have nothing like that here in the north of Tassie. I am going to ask a friend to see if there is a huge camera stockist in Hobart and I might see if I can get hubby to take me.

I am just loving looking at accessories, I want a bit of bling on bag so might have to get something embroidered on it. :laugh: