Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's great work Ptolomy! Cider is certainly quick but Strauss has a really nice head position too.

Oh, and the holiday from training is officially an epic fail :laugh: Found the perfect lake for water retrieve training when we were camping so Mr TSD kindly threw marks for Em plus I did some basic lefts, rights and backs into the water. My water hating Dally then became obsessed with swimming to retrieve the dummy (or his version of it :rofl:). But he wouldn't eat his dinner unless I trained him with it - 3 cups of dry food is an awful lot of jackpots!!!

Hate to say it TSD but your training holiday failed the second you packed some dummies to take away with you :rofl:

Oh dear RS am I that transparent :rofl:

Would it make any difference if I told you that a variety of dummies, 2 whistles, several white shirts and a game bag are permanently in the car "just in case"? :D

ETA: Just as well there wasn't enough room for weaving poles :o

Edited by The Spotted Devil

In the Hansel and Gretel game, would you reward the dog for coming to heel position then throw another piece of food to get them out again? This is for a young dog still learning to find heel.

Yes, that's what I'd do :) I did a bit of that with Pippa the other week. Or when she looks away, I just take off running in the other direction and she comes bounding after me, then I reward her when she comes back to heel.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is an obedient kelpie....Please!!!! Shopping on the kitchen table...turns back to put stuff in the pantry....bloody kelpie got the kilo of sugar :eek: all over him and the floor...grrrr. naughty naughty kelpie dog. :mad

:eek: naughty!

Wow hope he doesn't get hypo from it :laugh:

LOL bedazzled rofl1.gif I love it rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Tiggy - in the Hansel and Gretel game the dog gets clicked for being in the correct heel position and heeling and you throw the food as part of the reward. They then come back into heel position and its up to you when you click again - sometimes it might be straight away, other times it might be after a few steps and eventually you should be working up to and entire circle and beyond.

I hope this helps. biggrin.gif

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is an obedient kelpie....Please!!!! Shopping on the kitchen table...turns back to put stuff in the pantry....bloody kelpie got the kilo of sugar :eek: all over him and the floor...grrrr. naughty naughty kelpie dog. :mad

:rofl: You don't want to know that my almost 10 year old BC girl would do exactly the same thing - except she would have pulled the whole shopping bag down.

You need a Winpara boy - they do their counter surfing actually standing on the bench/table - then you don't need to pull things on to the floor :laugh: - though come to think of it - Rory hasn't done that for a while :D

AKC Obedience Invitational was held recently - the top 8 places went to Golden Retrievers, then a Mal, then a Golden to round out the top 10. A Brittany came 18th :thumbsup:

Here is a Youtube clip of the winning dog for anyone interested - it's not the actual clip at the Invitational though. It's pretty impressive though :) (This dog has 54x perfect 200 scores! :eek: )

Lovely work - thanks for posting Hannah. Bits of his heelwork reminded me of Spinner, although this goldie was a lot darker than him.

I really like the way they do the figure 8 as a separate exercise. And look at the distance on the signal exercises smile.gif

Lovely work - thanks for posting Hannah. Bits of his heelwork reminded me of Spinner, although this goldie was a lot darker than him.

I really like the way they do the figure 8 as a separate exercise. And look at the distance on the signal exercises smile.gif

Yes but I had a little smirk when I saw how close the recall was :laugh: But the signal exercise was amazing!