My Dog Ate Something Totally Grose

mrs tornsocks

If you're squeamish, click away now.

I sometimes let Archie sit out the front, which is fenced from the street, but not from one side of the neighbours. I work in my home office so I can usually see him and what he's up to.

He was out of my sight for about 5, maybe 10 minutes while I was on a call, then when I went outside to find him, he was sitting in front garden of neighbours, eating something. It was a baby's pooey nappy. :o

Next door has a little bubba but they are a very respectable young couple -- I have no idea how a dirty nappy got into their front garden but they just moved in so who knows ? Must've fallen out of the rubbish or something.

Archie won't get too sick from it will he ?

Well the poo won't make him sick, nasty yuck factor though...eww. I guess the only exception to this is if the baby is unwell with something like ecoli which is probably unlikely.

The thing I would be a bit worried about though are those crystal things that swell with moisture that are inside the nappy. Did he rip it right apart or just kind of eat the crap off the outside?

He won't get sick from the baby poo.

The water absorbent stuff the nappy contains - is another matter. I would want to check with a vet about that one - or even ring the product service number for a nappy company (look up huggies on the net or whatever).

If it's a peatmoss based product, might be ok, but if it's one of those gel crystal things - bad - very bad.

Baby poo, cat poo, horse poo, dog poo, cow poo, kangaroo poo.... :o

It's like an assorted box of chocolates to a dog. Even better if there is a decaying carcass nearby to roll in afterwards which is like a doggy Chanel No.5.

Edited by whippets

Lmao i have 3 staffords an a 8 month old baby an pooey nappys are a delicasey for them lol they know when i'm changing bub an wait for me not to be looking then they steel it lol i think they've gotten away with 2 in the last 8 months caught them mid theft with the others lol. The first one they ate a lot of the inner crystals an no one got sick from it.

I'm mortified to say that my dog found a human poo while walking in the bush area one day. Oh, I just couldn't believe it. I actually trod in it too. Driving home, I was beside myself, mainly worried about if it had any medications (human ones) or drugs. Thankfully, all was fine, and I let her kiss me a week later. Revolting.... but dogs will be dogs.

Oh my god, people !! I mean, dogs !

I just read these out to OH and we both did all the errrr, ewwww noises that should accompany.

Although I got home late tonight and only told OH after he'd been playing with Archie for a bit. Not sure if there were any kisses :laugh::rofl:

Archie is quite okay, I just hope he hasn't got the 'taste'.

Edited by mrs tornsocks

Oh my god, people !! I mean, dogs !

I just read these out to OH and we both did all the errrr, ewwww noises that should accompany.

Although I got home late tonight and only told OH after he'd been playing with Archie for a bit. Not sure if there were any kisses :laugh::rofl:

Archie is quite okay, I just hope he hasn't got the 'taste'.

You know how people talk about dogs being "blooded" and that once they've tasted blood, they become bloodthirsty killers from then on? Well I'm very sorry to inform you that Archie has been "pooed". From now on, he will have an insatiable appetite for poo. Baby poo will be the ultimate, but any poo will do.

:rofl:

Every month Shyla finds our bathroom bin very interesting because there are pre loved / used sanitary pads in there.. let's just say i have often seen her run past me with a flash of white.. and upon closer inspection I see the used item on the grass outside!! :o

Ooooohhh, this just reminded me, Saxon escaped up the hallway with a preloved tampon once :vomit::vomit: I think I'd blocked that out. Now he is NOT allowed near the bin in the bathroom. Eeeeeuuuuuwwww.

My dog loves my panty-liners too. He once took a few of my used ones and placed them all in his bed. Father-in-law found those when he went to play with dog after we fetched him from the airport...we were mortified! Not the best impression ---- reminds me of the libra pads advertisement on tv now :o

Lmao i have 3 staffords an a 8 month old baby an pooey nappys are a delicasey for them lol they know when i'm changing bub an wait for me not to be looking then they steel it lol i think they've gotten away with 2 in the last 8 months caught them mid theft with the others lol. The first one they ate a lot of the inner crystals an no one got sick from it.

My dogs have escaped with a nappy or few over the past 3 years...

No ill effects, though I wouldnt recommend adding them to the diet. :o

Dogs are funny critters arent they? mine do the same. Wait until I am not looking then the chase is on, as they run with it in their mouth. The worst is when they decide to give it a good shaking and the nappy explodes. I mean literally - everywhere. (These are wee ones I am talking about - not number 2's - Thank Goodness :vomit: )