Odd Mix...

Red Ruby

I was standing in line at IGA yesterday to buy some bread and was looking at the for sale board. I noticed a sign for Staffy X JRT pups for $700 :D . My little mind just can't even conjure up what that strange combo would even look like!!! Love sure has got to be blind...I can't imagine what either dog would see in the other :rofl:

There's a Staffy x Tenterfield at my obedience club, looks just like a Black Tri Tentie from the back, erect ears and all, but when it turns around it has a short brindle face :rofl: Confused me a bit when I first saw it!

There is a pug x staffordshire at the park where I go....goregous natured dog but so very odd looking!

Think staffordshire brindle coat with pug body and facial features but staffordshire snout.

The owner quite proudly told me he is a 'stug' :rofl:

Edited by bertandsally

Friends drove up one day- and the ACD in the back was barking and carrying on- so I didn't go near the car. They drove to their camping spot- and opened the back door to let the dog out. It looked big, so I was a bit wary...

Then I laughed- it must have been a corgiXACD- cos it hds tiny stumpy 2 inch legs! A big barrelly ACD body - all nicely marked (no it wasn't the merle of a corgi)..but someone forgot its legs :rofl:

I was standing in line at IGA yesterday to buy some bread and was looking at the for sale board. I noticed a sign for Staffy X JRT pups for $700 :D . My little mind just can't even conjure up what that strange combo would even look like!!! Love sure has got to be blind...I can't imagine what either dog would see in the other :rofl:

Well I dont know what the dogs would see in each other but I can certainly imagine what the owners saw ($$$hint, hint$$$)

I can't imagine that they would very quickly sell for $700 though :eek: Even if they came desexed, vaccinated and wormed with a puppy pack (which I doubt) that would be pushing it!

$700!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! Some idiot will pay it tho' :(

Talking about funny combinations. I volunteer at the AWL. Some time ago we had a staffy X border collie. Everything about it looked staffy, solid build, brindle coat, head, height but it had long border collie hair. He was a long haired staffy :) Lovely boy and I hope that he found a lovely home :rofl:

Another forum I go to had a "post a picture of your pets" thread and there was a Lahasa Apso x SBT - now that was a strange looking dog (and also made me thing WTF) but apparently it is non-shedding!!!

Edited by shells

I recently saw a pic of a Border Collie cross MINIATURE Dachshund, I felt so sorry for the poor little thing. he looked very much Border Collie coat but in a Dachshund body :) I just keep thinking how horrible it would be for the poor little tike to have the BC instincts and be physically unable to do anything about it becuase of his little legs, I mean I admit I don't know much about Dachshund's and their limitations etc. but they can't be anything near physically like a BC right?

but they can't be anything near physically like a BC right?

No- however, one of the keenest and most useful of dogs we had in the sheep yards was my lilttle dachsieX mini foxie ..MANY years ago(when I was 17)! She worked the sheep in her own style.. I trained her in the paddock using a fishing line /rod ... used to reel her in if she went the wrong way!

She absolutely adored sheepwork, and was actually very useful in trucks- as she'd fit right under the sheep!!

Dear little Wreckit ( named as when I bought her (as a mini foxie) she was full of demodex, had an abscessed eye where the bitch had bitten her, had more fleas than hair...and the vet was going to put her down . I had to work hard to get her back to health ( the person who sold her to me paid, thanks to the vet tearing strips off him)..and she repaid me by being the toughest little thing in our house til she was well into her teens :)

Friends all called her a cross between a toothbrush and a bullant :(

(excuse rant..she was a one-off!, and such a treat to watch with the sheep!)

I saw a couple walking 2 dacshund x staffys near home the other day. They were very peculiar looking dogs - but kinda exactly what you would expect that cross to look like! :) I didn't get a chance to ask more as they were both carrying on, and their owners weren't game to bring them near my dog!

My brother has a stafford x JRT, from a dodgy relative's backyard breeding project :laugh: .

She's lovely natured, and looks like a small red Stafford. But her legs are half length. Each time she lies down with them stretched in front of her they're shorter than her head and neck, she rests her chin out past her toes! It always just looks really strange...

But $700?? People are mad.

My friend has one, think long barrel shaped beer keg body, short stumpy legs, brindle with a wide and deep head but with a long snout.

And considering the hybrid vigour he should have, he has a dodgy jaw requiring the removal of at least two of his canines due to them boring a hole into his upper hard palate (narrow and too short bottom jaw) He also has terrible skin, barks incessantly and dodgy little stumpy twisted legs - Yep a real treasure!

I just remembered that I once met a rotti x dacshund. His head and body were like a small version of a rotti but he had short dacshund legs - I think he was only about knee height from memory.

He was quite cute actually but his owner said his temprement was pretty rotti-like and he would get quite frustrated with his short legs as he couldn't run fast and do everything he wanted to do :laugh: . She rescued him as a puppy and knew he was a rotti x but didn't know what with.

it's just sad ... i can't even comprehend putting a living, breathing thing thru that kind of breed torture! madness...

at the off-leash park we take our two, there was on occasion an odd looking dog and after some quiet conversation between me and OH, decided it must be a BC x corgi on account of it's absolute BC face, colour, coat and tail but its stumpy *had2be* corgi legs ... i wasn't able to identify it's owner/s so we never did get to learn it's breed but i felt this overwhelming sense of sadness for that dog!

some weeks later it came to pass that it must have been a 'neighbourhood breed' cuz there appeared another, exactly the same but for it's eyes, which seemed sibe-like...

i don't understand the mentality really!

Edited by Skruffy n Flea