Sydney Royal

Katdogs

I couldn't find any other thread started yet about the Sydney Royal, even in the Show Ring forum.

I'm planning to go on Friday 9th - to see Golden Retrievers, Flat Coated Retrievers, Aussie Terriers and Cairn Terriers (and the rest of it!).

Last time I could only be there for a short time in the afternoon when most people had started to pack up. Still met some lovely Tibbies and Lagotti though! Is there a 'best' time to go through the dog pavilion?

ETA Schedule

Edited by Katdogs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go and watch my friend's neighbour's Weim girl win again - apparently that is on Easter Sunday. I missed seeing her win last year because I was sick... grrr!

Anyone going on Easter Sunday, get on down to the Dog Pavillion and cheer Izzy the Weim girl on, OK? We'll have our own little cheer squad going in the bleachers... *grin*

I usually meet up with my friend at the gates around 9am - we wander over to the Dog Pavillion to find out when Izzy will be on, then we take in the sights until it's time to cheer for her. Afterwards we do the rest of the sights (my fave is the Goats - don't ask) and do the showbags just before we leave at around 5:30pm - 6pm... usually totally knackered after wandering around all day.

Oh, and each of my dogs will get either a Purina showbag, or a DogsNSW showbag (bloody good value those!)... I might have to get some nice new toys for them too...

T.

If you go in the morning through to about 3pm, you get to see all the breeds entered for the day. :laugh:

If you went in the later afternoon, you would only get to see the people who hung around before leaving the venue - the gates are supposed to open for exhibitors to leave at 5pm but they will often open the gates a bit earlier if judging is finished for the day so everyone goes home.

Just check the schedule link provided and plan your day according to which breeds you want to see and get there before lunchtime :laugh:

I'll be there on Saturday 10th with the Havanese :laugh: It's also Baby Puppy Sweepstakes which is going to be SOOOO CUTE! :laugh:

We are heading down for the Easter weekend specialties, so I'll be at the Royal with my breeder on the Friday to watch, support and take photos of the beagles.

I'm very excited about going! I've never been to the Sydney Royal before.

Edited by ~Erin~

We are going on Monday 5th April :laugh:

So excited. Looking at all the timetables now.

AmStaffs being judged on Monday and all the Agility and Flyball displays AND the yard dog displays ...

plus all the country women's association cake displays. I love a bit of granny craft!

- Astred

Edited by KnucklesDutchnUs