7.30 Report Abc To Do Expose On Dd Puppy Farms

lappiemum

Just saw a preview on ABC for the 7.30 Report this week (not sure what day) where they gave the distinct impression that not only were they doing a tell all on puppy farms, but with a focus on DD. Will be interesting to watch!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha :o you beat me to it. Yes, it looks very good, I dont know if I will be able to watch :) ;) although I usually always do watch 7.30,

I think it would be great to record and keep to show anyone who is thinking of a pet shop etc. dog. The dogs look so frightened :laugh: , it's very confronting, why they dont show this stuff on 'Idiot Affair" (sorry tracey) I dont know.

It would be great if dolers can tell their friends to watch, I hope (it looks like it) it is negative to DDs and puppy farms. PRetty shocking too. I am putting it on my facebook as I have already got Puppy farm stuff on there and it's amazing how some people not onnly have NO IDEA but have not heard of PUPPY FARMS :kissbetter:

I tried looking up the details as to when it would be on but they don't have it. Suppose I'll have to watch it every day.

AHH puppy farms...I am so against any form of animal cruelty and these are the worst kind!! petshops shouldnt be allowed to sell animals!! sounds stupid, they should only be allowed to sell equipment. Animals could be done through a referral service of some kind, but if you buy a pet from a shelter it is sterilized, so why is it that petshops can sell animals not de-sexed?? :) surely this is encouraging puppy farms and others to continue...you have to end the demand...to stop the supply!!!

:) I'll be interested too. How many of these so called exposes do we have to have before the authorities do something positive to stop them? I was so disappointed in the ABC Radio National article done a little while ago on Background Briefing: nothing new, nothing to really make people sit up and take notice. The producer spoke to many people from DOL, too, who would have told her the dreadful facts and figures.

And too often these sorts of programs go to the same old people who just want to push their own barrows ..... need I mention names :):laugh: ?

However, until I see it I will be positive and hope to god I am proved wrong. I am finding Kerry O'Brien very bland these days, rarely asking a hard question or wanting to put a pollie on the spot.

Thanks for the bump, I didn't see this thread before.

but if you buy a pet from a shelter it is sterilized, so why is it that petshops can sell animals not de-sexed?? :rofl:

Good point, never thought of that!

Probably a silly question, but what is DD?

Thanks for the bump, I didn't see this thread before.
but if you buy a pet from a shelter it is sterilized, so why is it that petshops can sell animals not de-sexed?? :rofl:

Good point, never thought of that!

Not all shelters and rescues desex the dogs before they are rehomed!

During a discussion about pet shops with someone I work with, I was shocked to hear her views on it all. She actually said she couldn't understand why someone would want to buy a purebred from a pet shop, but that buying xbreeds from their instead was understandable and acceptable. I tried to explain puppy farms etc, but I just don't think she got it. *sigh*

I've suggested she watch the 730 report