Ashanali

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I broke the challenges when people weren't posting. :confused:

Most people are getting it right. I'm not going to point fingers but the easiest way to decide if you have got it right or not is too look at the image and see if your eye automatically falls to something that is on a '1/3rd' line.

The rule of thirds is one of the single most used rules of composition that photographers use. Understanding it and getting it right is very important to understanding how to compose a strong image.

Guest Kate_Summer

Love that last shot Beca!

Huga your shots are great too - rule of third or not haha :confused:

If it's me that's getting it wrong I won't be offended if you point the finger at me ;) I want to get it right.
I am the same. As I am learning I want to know for sure if I am getting it right or not

I will get some photos later now I think I understand it better

Who is getting "it":

AnnieK - great understanding and use of 1/3rds

Esky - yep

Kate - very close

fiona - yep

Kirislin - the photos are fantastic ;) the second shot is spot on but the first can be cropped a little close to fit it into the 'rule'.

Huga - yep

Ravvyk - there is one there with the dragon fly that could be cropped with the dragon fly as the focus if you cropped the bottom of the image up a little higher OR if there was more of the image at the top. Your tent photo is an excellent representation of the rule of thirds. It might not be the most interesting photo but it is very well seen and composed to take the rule into account.

Becandcharch - yep

So when I said most, I actually meant that all of you are pretty much on top of it. Some images can be a little stronger though but that is just practice.

Keep going! :rofl:

Yup thanks Ash - woo hoo I was hoping I was getting the gist of this challenge - although I wish I had taken the Ridgie girl one with more room to the left of the shot - I think she needs more distance to follow her eye gaze if that makes sense ... it seems a little short when I look at it ....

Yup thanks Ash - woo hoo I was hoping I was getting the gist of this challenge - although I wish I had taken the Ridgie girl one with more room to the left of the shot - I think she needs more distance to follow her eye gaze if that makes sense ... it seems a little short when I look at it ....

You're right :)

thanks for the feedback Ash

introducing Zorro - this is the face he pulled when I dropped him off at his foster carers house today :laugh:

-1243.jpg

:cry: Hey Annie, do think he might have been saying, can you show her this, see the hole, she has to drop the food down there, aim for the hole. :(