• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here she is :thumbsup:

-1333.jpg

I've been meaning to say, I absolutely love :laugh: the colours in this photo, and her expression of course.

Firestone, I am no expert but I think you have it right.

Thanks Kirislin. I read and re-read the opening post and was hoping it was right. I was still unsure about posting it but glad I did.

Kirislin - your anzac photos are PERFECT. If we shot those sort of photos at a wedding, we'd be very happy. Well composed.

thankyou very much, I was so unsure about them. I really wanted to get the handshake but it didn't last long and I only had that tiny gap as you can see, I didn't know if it was enough. Same with the lady looking at his medals, I had to crop alot out of both and I know you wanted this to be more about composing the photo, not cropping to suit. I only had my 50mm though and I had to be conscious of not being intrusive as well.

I think this has really been one of the most helpful challenges to me so far. I dont give enough thought to composition and really it's the basis for every good photo. Maybe the penny is finally starting to drop for me, thanks again for all the challenges Ash.

Well I was going to wait until I had my new camera before entering any challenges but that has been put on hold until June sales kick in, I have it on good advise that the camera I'm looking at getting will be heavily marked down at that time :laugh:

But I have been inspired by all of the wonderful DOL photographers and pics they put up so these are some pics I took with my old P&S and thought I would give it a go and maybe get a headstart on things before I get my DSLR

Please let me know if these are in keeping with the challenge and what needs to be improved.

I'm thinking this may be what the rule of thirds is

IMG_2724.jpg

this one not so much, but perhaps with some cropping, would that be right?

IMG_2760.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the sunrise pic I posted fitted the criteria? Im hoping to take some photos tomorrow.

I believe so - my eye is certainly drawn to the sun then the clouds :cheer:

Thank you annie :cheer:

Love the shots in here. Krislin those whippy eyes are gorgeous :rofl: