Dolers Make The Best Photographers

Ashanali

Okay, Rocco knows I'm posting this so it's all good.

Over the weekend we had the judging of the Queensland Professional Photography Awards. I have been nagging Rocco for the last 18 months or so to enter the awards and this year, after lots of excuses she gave in. :p

Rocco has had an awesome weekend, as has my husband and I. :(

At tonight's awards dinner, Rocco was awarded "Qld Emerging Photographer of the Year" :rofl:

I was awarded one of the toughest categories, "Qld Illustrative Photorgapher of the Year" :rofl:

My husband couldn't be there due to his stint in hospital but after the judging was over I was talking to the person who won Qld Wedding Photographer of the Year and went on to win Qld Professional Photographer of the year. He was keeping track of points and told me that only four points seperated him in first place and my husband who would have been in third place. D'oh! Still an AMAZING result.

I was in the running for Qld Photographer of the year and as I stood on the stage, the only woman up there against men who are considered Gods in their genres, I looked at them and wondered what the hell I was doing on the stage. Just mindblowing.

We are all stoked and totally gobsmacked and excited. We were both up against world renowned photographers and the comments that were made about all of our work were just fantastic.

So there you go, the comment was made tonight that the photographers who stood in the room winning awards are among some of the finest in the world... and you happend to have two of them on DOL. :) ;) :D

I just want to publicly congratulate Rocco for her win. It is truly a massive achievement and so well deserved. She had the whole room asking who she was - THAT is impact! :D :laugh::o:laugh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the running for Qld Photographer of the year and as I stood on the stage, the only woman up there against men who are considered Gods in their genres, I looked at them and wondered what the hell I was doing on the stage. Just mindblowing.

Pffft if anyone deserved to stand up there was you. Your work is incredible. :laugh:

Thanks everyone, it was a bit of a shock and I never expected to do as well as I did. I went to the 2 full days of judging and it was fanatstic insight into the professional world of photography. I found out lastnight that 500 prints were eneterd and only 10 Golds were awarded.... 3 of those Golds were Ash, Alexs and mine. :laugh::o

We should all be very proud we have someone like Ash that shares her time with us to help and encourage us all. This photography section of DOL has grown some incredible talent. :rofl:

I also want to say the reason I picked up a camera was because of Rocco. He showed me my love for photography, he was my muse. I eneterd these awards for him and with Alicia's encouragement I owe this win to them. I now have my little trophy sitting next to his ashes..... couldn't think of a better place for it. :(

Oh and maybe all the torture little Ralphie went through he should get a thanks.... :rofl:

You're both awesome and totally inspiring and if it wasn't for the both of you, I wouldn't have ever picked up a DSLR. Congratulations - you both deserve all the success and recognition you are getting :(

*group hug* :(