Do You Feed Your Dogs Morning, Night Or Both.

~Myschafis~

Feed Morning Night or Both  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Feed Morning Night or Both

• Morning
    • Night
    • Both - Dog/s older than 12 months
    • Both - Dog/s is younger than 12 months

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

morning they get a few biscuit bones

evening they get their dinner - the time depends on when I feel like feeding them, I'm not with my schedule going to have a set time each night

if I don't feed morning Tilly throws yellow bile up everywhere so she is much better having the two meals a day

Sorry I can't answer on the poll - I feed both morning and night and I have 1 over 12mths and 1 under 12mths (poll will only allow you to make single choices)

Ditto.

Kyzer has always had two meals a day he could cope with one but I prefer two, Trixie would not cope if I didn't feed her twice a day, she is always hungry and quite hard to keep weight on! If I fed her once a day she would probably just eat whatever she could find!

At the moment they get Barf mix in the morning and Chicken frames / wings / lamb bones at night.

I cant really answer either, I have 2 dogs, my JRT gets fed at night only and my GR gets morning and night, Ill be feeding her both times when she is older as well because I figure she would be better off getting two meals than a huge one at night time

I've often wondered if it would be better to feed my two in the morning instead of the evening as then they have time to do all there business/poop during the whole day ,instead of a six oclock run in the morning to do poop's ?especially as i crate one of mine

DD

I voted both and over 12 months and while thats true he is only day's past his 1st birthday so it might change as he gets older, and it will also depend on what food he is on as at the moment he is getting roughly 6 cups of food a day and I wouldn't feed that to him in one sitting

I feed Lottie twice a day - but she is quite young still - She gets just dry food in the am (whenever I get up so can be anywhere between 6-8), and I feed her some dry food and a bone/turkey neck/chicken necks (whatever I have) in the evenings - usually around 6ish.

We feed morning and night as a bloat precaution.

We do the same, for the same reason

Ditto, but I don't take the food away I allow my girl to eat when she is hungry rather than having to gulp her food when it is put down for her. If she isn't hungry she leaves it and if the mornign biscuits aren't eaten I don't feed any more.

I've often wondered if it would be better to feed my two in the morning instead of the evening as then they have time to do all there business/poop during the whole day ,instead of a six oclock run in the morning to do poop's ?especially as i crate one of mine

DD

Little dogs have little tummies, so I feed twice a day.

Big feed in the morning is best. Gives them the energy to last the day, they run it off more & don't get fat. Toilet shortly after the meal. Little snack at night so no toilet & not sitting in sleepy tummies.

Very interesting. I have always been under the impression that a dog should only be fed once a day & that a dog will curl-up & go to sleep after a feed. It seems strange to feed a dog in the morning "so that it will have energy for the day" Guard dogs are fed after their 'shift' to keep them alert when they need to be.

My 2 dogs are fed in the evening & turn into couch potatoes for the rest of the night.

I feed mine once a day at night (anytime between 5 - 7pm). They do get a few treats in the morning though. They pretty much just sleep all day so no real energy requirements. Plus I don't really want to come home to poops (they are inside during the day). They are most active in the evening (being mental as I type). :)

Edited by moosepup

I feed morning and night.

Reasons

1. Because otherwise she will be hungry. I would not like to eat once per day, so I reason, neither would my dog.

2. Because in the past I have had problems with her being a fussy eater. I tried various combinations of meal types and times, and came to this and it works she eats perfectly.

I feed both of mine twice a day - one is a large breed pup so is actually still on 3 feeds a day - also a bloat precaution - the other is almost 2 and gets 2 meals a day - one am and one pm

Edited by KelpieHoundMum