Do You Feed Your Dogs Morning, Night Or Both.

~Myschafis~

Feed Morning Night or Both  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Feed Morning Night or Both

• Morning
    • Night
    • Both - Dog/s older than 12 months
    • Both - Dog/s is younger than 12 months

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any dog get bloat or is it strictly a large breed problem?

Dogs we've had in the past we used to put food out for and they would graze all day. If I tried that with Moose he'd be a keg. A small keg but still a keg.

I feed Jane at night. She's almost 14 months and we found she was getting abit porky with 2 feeds a day so cut it back to 1 at 12 months. She wasn't getting alot anyway but she does seem to put condition on easily. She does however get training treats on her walks and during a training session in the evening. Only tiny amounts but with two walks a day and free shaping clicker training, they add up!

Can any dog get bloat or is it strictly a large breed problem?

Dogs we've had in the past we used to put food out for and they would graze all day. If I tried that with Moose he'd be a keg. A small keg but still a keg.

My ex's parent's Beagle got bloat, the Vet told them to stop feeding it nothing but dried food. He said that after a large meal of dried food, the dog drinks water & the food swells up in the stomach, makes sense really.

Edited by mantis

I feed both my dogs twice a day to avoid bloat, usually a mix of kibble, barf and bones.

My dogs never refuse food. The bowls are taken away immediately after they finish their meal. I never leave food around.

My dogs also get bones in the afternoon on weekends.

I feed Sophie at night anywhere in between 6-9pm and we'll often do training in this timeframe so i want her drive up there for focus so we do training with treats before she gets dinner, also helps reinforce NILIF. Puppy gets his Eukanuba morning and night, 1.5 cups in the morning, 2cups in the evening. He's growing mighty quick.

I'm interested in this whole Bloat thing - what dog's are particularly prone to bloat? Honestly I dont know much about it.