Gay Dog Refused Entry To A Restaurant

sausy.dog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other case where the chef was allergic, got me thinking... what would happen if a person with a guide dog went into a restaurant where someone worked or was dining that was severely allergic to dogs? Obviously you cannot ask a blind person to leave or refuse admittance, but if another diner or a worker was allergic to the point they couldn't be around a dog (whether it be guide or other)...what would happen there?

Yes I also wondered about this one....I dont know how allergic to dogs one can be, but is it possible for one to be that allergic to the point where anaphalactic (SP?) shock can set in?

If so, then isnt it a requirement and also the responsibility of the management to provide a safe working environment for their employees?

I wonder what would happen in that instance....the management would be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Weird scenario, but not altogether impossible...

I know I shouldn't but :birthday:

How absurd!

Me too :o:)

Obvious it was a language barrier problem. They also may have thought he was a nutcase/weirdo asking to bring a gay dog in

There are some very strange people around. The fine was a bit stiff for what was a misunderstanding.

It may have been "just a misunderstanding" but for anyone with a disability and reliant upon an assistance dog, this type of thing happening really infringes on their ability to enjoy activities that able-bodied people take for granted. A guide dog/assistance dog is for many disabled people, the only way they can get out and about. To be barred from any public place because of an assistance dog is not only illegal, but it's plain stupidity on the part of the person refusing entry. :)

I have zero tolerance for idiots trying to stop the disabled from leading as normal a life as possible. Guide dogs don't need any paperwork to show what their job is, their harness is the clue...even for people where a "language barrier" might be a problem...surely they can SEE that the dog is guiding its person? :thumbsup:

The other case where the chef was allergic, got me thinking... what would happen if a person with a guide dog went into a restaurant where someone worked or was dining that was severely allergic to dogs? Obviously you cannot ask a blind person to leave or refuse admittance, but if another diner or a worker was allergic to the point they couldn't be around a dog (whether it be guide or other)...what would happen there?

In that case, if the allergy was debilitating, then both disabilities would need to be accommodated, usually by the two parties steering clear of each other.

If it was a waiter, then a different waiter could wait on the table. If it was a customer, then whoever is second to arrive (allergic customer or person with guide dog or assistance dog) can be moved further away to a different table.

If the business was making a genuine effort to accommodate both disabilities, I would hope they wouldn't be accused of discrimination. I know that if I was seated, and was then told that somebody who was already at a table next to me was allergic, I would be happy to move. But if I was already seated and they were second to arrive, I would hope that they would be the ones to move. It's about accommodating everybody.

In that case, if the allergy was debilitating, then both disabilities would need to be accommodated, usually by the two parties steering clear of each other.

If it was a waiter, then a different waiter could wait on the table. If it was a customer, then whoever is second to arrive (allergic customer or person with guide dog or assistance dog) can be moved further away to a different table.

If the business was making a genuine effort to accommodate both disabilities, I would hope they wouldn't be accused of discrimination. I know that if I was seated, and was then told that somebody who was already at a table next to me was allergic, I would be happy to move. But if I was already seated and they were second to arrive, I would hope that they would be the ones to move. It's about accommodating everybody.

That would be right

Ive never heard of someone going into anaphylaxis from a dog but I suppose it could happen. They would only go into anaphylaxis from contact with the dog, so if the blind person and their dog were isolated to one specific area of the cafe and the waiter was given tables on the other side, and the area was appropriately cleaned after they left there should be no problems.

My last bosses wife was extremely allergic to latex (to the point of anaphylaxis), for that reason my boss refused to have latex gloves in our lab, but sometimes they would send them anyway because they are cheaper. We knew not to touch her if we had been using latex at all that day, we were careful to scrub up properly if we were going to be seeing her. This is the same sort of situation just a different allergen, if there is no contact with the allergen there is no reaction

Also, guide dogs and assistance dogs are very clean and well groomed. There would be less dander etc and hopefully that would mean there was less chance of an allergic reaction for somebody else. If somebody was that allergic to dogs, they'd have to take precautions in their every day life like crossing the street if they saw somebody walking their dog, and maybe avoiding people who own pets in case they have pet hair or dander on their clothes. Although some people may have allergies that severe, I don't think it would be very common.

Edited by Baby Dragon

The most scary thing was this comment really:

"The staff genuinely believed that Nudge was an ordinary pet dog which had been desexed to become a gay dog,"

So watch out any woman or man who has their ovaries or testicles removed(no matter the reason), I guess you'll then have to be gay.

Just when you thought you'd heard it all!!!!!!!

That poor guy, he has enough to deal with without this kind of idiocy on top of it. Glad he put the time into it and got some compo, now others wont be put in the same situation. Wouldn't you think restaurant owners and the like would need to be on top of those kinds of things?????

*trying to imagine a gay dog looks like..........nah, got nothing. LOL

Just when you thought you'd heard it all!!!!!!!

That poor guy, he has enough to deal with without this kind of idiocy on top of it. Glad he put the time into it and got some compo, now others wont be put in the same situation. Wouldn't you think restaurant owners and the like would need to be on top of those kinds of things?????

*trying to imagine a gay dog looks like..........nah, got nothing. LOL

perhaps like THIS

Pretty.jpg

Amazing what can go wrong with misunderstanding and confusion!

Couple enters the bar... One is blind and has a guide dog.....we would like to bring our guide dog (misheard now as gay dog) into your restaurant.......no sir you cannot bring your gay dog, or ordinary dog of ANY sexual preferences into our restaurant...our restaurant only allow guide dogs ( of whichever sexual persuasion they are.)

Aren't ALL guide dogs desexed anyway????

What dills, surely the guide dog was in harness and easily recognisable as such anyway!

Edited by LizT

Where on earth do people get off even suggesting such a thing :o

Absolute foolishness. How can a person even say that and not think how stupid it sounds :)

My dog hasn't got testicles, I must ask him if he is gay :):eek: