7d Practice

Kirislin

I'm trying to learn this camera and it's not easy, so many AF options. I expected these to be sharper but I know it's not the camera, it's me. Conditions were difficult, uneven ground and a high fence that had my elbows level with my eyes and my chin pretty much resting on the fence.

4570006489_35c19c7569_b.jpg

the number 5 in the second pic here is Subsoil, she ran 2nd today and she's a litter sister to the fabulous Drill 'em, bred and owned by my friends. Drill 'em has won over $250,000 in prize money so far.

4570006501_135b12c0c7_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

They're great shots! They look pretty sharp to me. I like 'em :)

Shame about the fence getting in your way. You should get some awesome shots at the next Whippet fun day though!

They're great shots! They look pretty sharp to me. I like 'em :laugh:

Shame about the fence getting in your way. You should get some awesome shots at the next Whippet fun day though!

You should come along with your camera next time. :)

Great photos :confused: What lens did you use?

I used the 70-200

I just wish I could get pics as sharp as I've seen them on POTN using the 7D. I know it's technique. sigh

Love the action here! What is the aperture used for the dogs out of the box shot? 7D....how much fun must you be having.

Edit; spelling cos I forget to edit.

Edited by redangel

They're great shots! They look pretty sharp to me. I like 'em :laugh:

You should come along with your camera next time. :laugh:

Yeh, I really should. If only to meet all the lovely whippets and watch them run. At the boarding kennel I worked at there was a nice looong rectangular yard. When we had a greyhound or whippy in we'd take them to that yard to let them really stretch out. So beautiful to watch.

thanks everyone but I still feel I could've got these shots with my little (dear departed) 400D I want more from this!!

When I finally get what I want it will take your breath away. :laugh:

Hi Krislin!

I guess some of it has to do with the quality of the lens too. I think those images are beautifully sharp and the depth of field is great!! What sort of lens did you use? Also, how many frames per second does the 7 D take?? I went from the 400D to the 30D which is now of course surpassed by the 50D. I would still be pleased with those images!

Cheerio

Cairo1