Rspca

Steve

Your acknowledgement of RSPCA Qld's helpful role augers well for the future... if your Pacers work requires cooperative efforts again.

In any emergency, it's a case of first- on- the- ground local resources, so it's great to have good working relationships.

A personal pat on the back, too, to the Qld fire brigade & the police, who would have been first on the scene & got moving to help Jed & her animals after summoning the RSPCA.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still trying to absorb what has happened. When I (briefly) heard of the news story, I had no idea who was involved. I'm so saddened by this news and my thoughts are with Jed and her family and friends as she recovers. The MDBA PACERS are to be thanked for stepping in to help as is the RSPCA.

I hope Jed finds the strength to carry on without her beloved dogs. I can't imagine having to go through such a tradegy but she did what most of us would: tried to save her family.

Jed, please know we are all behind you, wishing you a speedy recovery from your injuries. We know your heart may never mend completely. :)

Steve thank you for this post. I for one was quite shocked at the anti-RSPCA comments earlier, the wilful mis-interpretation of process and the total lack of acknowledgement that they were there, right there, when they were needed doing a fabulous job in harrowing circumstances. And to criticise a fellow for smiling with two that were safe was quite off. I grieve for those that were lost, but rejoice for those saved.

Thanks again for the acknowledgement and the balance.

well done Julie for posting! i have seen some negative posts about RSPCA in the News thread and didnt really think it was nice. I think Jed would be really happy they were there at that moment for her dogs.

I have read a lot of negative posts about the RSPCA too so hopefully this will change some minds. Good on you Julie for posting this :)

well done Julie for posting! i have seen some negative posts about RSPCA in the News thread and didnt really think it was nice. I think Jed would be really happy they were there at that moment for her dogs.

I have read a lot of negative posts about the RSPCA too so hopefully this will change some minds. Good on you Julie for posting this :)

Hi Furballs.

I don't know that it will change minds, as it doesn't undo some of the other things that have and do occur to animals and people at the hands of the RSPCA when they should not have. But this does serve as an expression of fairness of attitude and an acknowledgement when some appreciation is deserved and hopefully will show the RSPCA that when disapproval is expressed of them, it's not just because we have a 'thing' that prevents us from acknowledging good deeds.

Hi Furballs.

I don't know that it will change minds, as it doesn't undo some of the other things that have and do occur to animals and people at the hands of the RSPCA when they should not have. But this does serve as an expression of fairness of attitude and an acknowledgement when some appreciation is deserved and hopefully will show the RSPCA that when disapproval is expressed of them, it's not just because we have a 'thing' that prevents us from acknowledging good deeds.

*nods head in agreement*

If the RSPCA stuck to this sort of work on the ground then they would have alot more supporters.

It was good to see them get in there quick and get the animals out.

A personal pat on the back, too, to the Qld fire brigade & the police, who would have been first on the scene & got moving to help Jed & her animals after summoning the RSPCA.

Agree :)

Thank you for posting Steve, it's nice to see some positive recognition for the RSPCA.

+1 - Between the RSPCA, the Qld fire brigade/Police and the MDBA Pacers - the effort must be applauded. :):laugh::cry:

Well said Julie. I had not time for the politics/policies of the RSPCA, but when it comes to helping pets in distress they do come to the 'party' in the best way. I have always found that side of the RSPCA to be good and helpful.

An awesome effort by all involved and great teamwork to at least make this part of Jed's nightmare situation go a whole lot more smoothly.

Kudos to each and every person involved - you are all legends!

T.

It certainly won't change my mind, but I will refrain from posting my opinions of their "management" and heirachy in this thread...

Well done to all the RSPCA workers on the ground, who do what they can with the resources they have!! It was excellent of them to be there so quickly to get the survivors to safety, and then excellent of them to allow them to go with family and friends without kicking up a stink :)

QFRS, QPS and the Ambos also do a thankless task, they deserve many pats on the back for the efforts!

It was the teamwork, wasn't it, Erny. Each group being there to do what only they could do...like how the MDBA continues on with the personal support. Which Jane & her surviving pets will need heaps of (& are getting).

Bit OT, but the Qld police & firies have a good reputation re any animals in strife. Young student told me how his ridgie was horrendously injured in the middle of the night & all he could think of was to phone the police. The police arranged for an RSPCA vet to come immediately. The ridgie had to be PTS. Next day, the police called the lad & asked him how he was coping.

Jake, a good reminder. I left out the Ambos. So :) to them, too.

Edited by mita

It was the teamwork, wasn't it, Erny.

Absolutely. And if half the orgs in this Country would work together and achieve as they have in this instance, it will be a better place, not only for the animals but also of course for the people as after all, the animals are often as a member of their family. I think it is called 'humanity'.

Also agree of those involved in SES, whether that be the firies or otherwise ..... I have so often seen the bond that occurs between the Emergency Service Person/s and the animal/s they've saved and assisted.

This "working hand-in-hand for good reasons, with compassion at its base" .... It's beautiful. It's how I imagine, if there is a God, how God meant it to be.

Edited by Erny

I agree, the RSPCA did a great job taking care of Jed's animals. The local RSPCA here has also done a lot of good work, and taken in and rehomed injured animals. Perhaps things are done a little differently out here in the stix :)

I have read a lot of negative posts about the RSPCA too so hopefully this will change some minds. Good on you Julie for posting this :heart:

Hi Furballs.

Totally agree, but hopefully some people who were really against the RSPCA as a whole will now realise that they are not ALL bad. I understand where you're coming from though.

I agree, the RSPCA did a great job taking care of Jed's animals. The local RSPCA here has also done a lot of good work, and taken in and rehomed injured animals. Perhaps things are done a little differently out here in the stix :heart:

The RSPCA did good here and I too was initially concerned but then relieved to hear that Jeds animals were released to MDBA Pacer fosters/carers without hassle. Neither the MDBA nor more importantly Jed and her animals would have needed that. If the RSPCA can work as harmoniously and reasonably and sensibly (and with the animals' true welfare first and foremostly at heart) with more people more of the time like that and drop some of their other heard of but undesirable and deleterious (for animal welfare) tactics (not for this thread), then yes, there's a chance my opinion might change.

Edited by Erny