Macro Shots

Ravyk

As we currently have a 50mm thread, I think iltby we need a macro thread too. :laugh:

Macros are one of my fave form of photography, both to take and to look at, and since I just got myself a macro lense...

IMG_0606copy.jpg

IMG_0288small.jpg

IMG_0272small.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly all of these pics are AMAZING!

Secondly who do I have to sick my dogs on to get a macro lense and what cameras do they go with? (I have NO idea about photography)

Glossary:

Sick: to set ones dogs on someone. Specifically my own two dogs which entails Razor running at you full speed then immediately licking your face, followed by loud snorting, excited dribble and a powerfully dangerous tail wag. Bossington will follow his Daddy and will proceed to do the same minus the snorting adding a loud screaming cry.

Beware of dogs.

Also can anyone with a macro lense PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a photo of a frog any kind I'd just like to see it :laugh:

Firstly all of these pics are AMAZING!

Secondly who do I have to sick my dogs on to get a macro lense and what cameras do they go with? (I have NO idea about photography)

Beware of dogs.

Also can anyone with a macro lense PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a photo of a frog any kind I'd just like to see it :laugh:

DISCLAIMER-I am in no way an expert and probably wrong :D

Macro lenses are generally used on SLR/DSLR cameras and depending on the brand of camera, different macros will fit. I have a Canon macro, as I have a Canon camera. Macro lenses can be bought at most camera stores [Diamonds, Teds, etc]

I will work on the frog photo for you...I have a green tree frog

I would love to know which lens you guys have - at the moment I'm looking at both the 100mm 2.8 and the 2.8L and I can't decide if I want to spend the extra money for the L series or if the non-L-series lens will work for me.

Gah - so many lenses so little money! :laugh: