Macro Shots

Ravyk

I would love to know which lens you guys have - at the moment I'm looking at both the 100mm 2.8 and the 2.8L and I can't decide if I want to spend the extra money for the L series or if the non-L-series lens will work for me.

Gah - so many lenses so little money! :laugh:

I dont think any of us have the 2.8L and I am certainly not in any hurry to buy it. The non L macro is fantastic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and a couple more. The raindrop on nasturtium leaf was taken with mu fuji finepix S8000d the others, my Sony DSCN1.

post-1359-1274242144_thumb.jpg

post-1359-1274242195_thumb.jpg

There are some gorgeous macro images in this thread - lovley to see :thumbsup: Everyone looks for something different, and everyone produces images containing bits of themselves :thanks:

Thanks for 'splainin guys :)

AND RAVYYY WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I LOVE IT!!!

Can anyone take a picture of a baby rabbit for me... I'm sorry these pictures are just so detailed I have to see the small and cute things :)

Same as Persephone....no DSLR here either.

Love the Nasturtium droplet Pers. :thumbsup:

I use a Ricoh R10...with 10 megapixels and a 7.1 Optical wide zoom lens. Ricoh actually use a different lens system in their compact cameras to other brands and it is more suited to macro than others.

I bought it for that reason....and am not that fussed that 'normal' photography is only average with it.

I love what I can do with my Ricoh. :laugh:

post-2567-1274278936_thumb.jpg

Tim's Mum - my fuji is the same - the lens is great for macro... but just Ok for other stuff (which I don't do a lot of anyway :rofl: Your ricoh just LOVES flowers :rofl::o

Nah...it's me that's got the flower obsession Pers. :rofl:

A friend of OH's has worked in a local camera shop for years. When I started enjoying macro with my old Kodak I asked him what he recommended as good for macro and he suggested Ricoh. I looked online and bought a magazine comparing all the different compact cameras and again Ricoh came up as brilliant for macro. I couldn't afford a DSLR at the time and still can't but one day.....! :rofl: