Dogzonline Project

Steve

Ok guys i have done this once befor and they usually turn out fantasticly , The way it was done by mums CWA group was every one made a 6cm square of whatever they wanted some were quilted, some were interesting pattern printed on the fabric, some were hand written messages, some were patcwork squares when they were all sewn together it looked fantastic, if you need help to organise this then im happy to help and get the pieces together ready to quilt,

ETA if you cant sew there are millions of different typs of pattend fabric that can be used in quilts all you need to do is go to a quilting/ patchwork shop and look, they usually sell the pattend fabric in quarters you could pick one that represents how you feel and send it in :D

Yep that will do. Except 6cms isnt very big.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is a lovely idea.Non sewers have a variety of ways to personalise their square .Spotlight sell the product you can use to transfer photo images on to fabric with an iron.A variety of dog,cat and horse theme fabric available too to involve Jed's love of animals.

When plan decided I would love to do a square . :)Edited to add iron :D

Edited by Dodo

I would love to do a square too. so if one of these smart crafty bunnies can tell us un crafty ones where to go, what to buy an what to do with it, that would be ace.

Will await the final decisions on what the plan is.

Oh, how exciting.

could we all donate a square or two, and then get someone to make it up?

if we get a size ,and then we can put a message on ,or leave it blank?

do you think its too upsetting to be reminded of it with messages'? or good? not sure. :D

I have these special pencils that are supposed to work on cloth so you can paint something, never painted in my life, but I could do a bit of experimenting and possible paint a doggy or two on some squares (ok maybe, having never painted it would be a case of trial and error)

Fantastic idear !! :D only to happy to be involved ,As some of u may know I do breed cushions ect maybe we could in corporate Jeds breeds into it ,as well as messages written on calico for those that cant sew .

pls feel free to pm me if u need my input :p

Hey guys I'm just the ideas lady I don't have a clue about quilting so if you guys want to get together and sort out what we need I'm very happy for you to go ahead.

I'd like to see it all finished off though with the backing etc if thats possible.

Don't feel that you need to pull it up either if we get too many for one for Jed as Id love at least one community quilt from dogz people entered into the comp for the Pacers Craft fair too.

So if you know where to start that's better than me - Go for it. It would be very much appreciated!

Julie

I am happy to do whatever is required for the quilt....

Now about the silk quilt I saw. It was made from old indian saris and I have never seen anything so stunning. I found it at a craft show and it was far too pricey to consider.

.... pushing the silk idea....

Edited by Anna

Ok guys there is a few things we will need to do to get this finnished,

1st we will need to get our squares together, The square must be 6 1/2 inch, only the 6 inch square in the middle will be visible after sewing them all together.

there are heaps of different things you can do to make your square they can be as fancy or plain as you wish, there are tones of ideas on the web for what you can do with your square if you google "Patchwork Quilt Square Patten" you are sure to find somthing you like,

Once you finish your square please give it a wash as some fabrics will shrink when washed and if this happens after the quilt is sewn together it can ruin the whole thing, then PM me for my address and send it, you are welcome to make as many squares as you like, if you send more then one please tag the square for jed's quilt as all others will be made into DOL quilts to raffel off after the quilt show :thumbsup:

2nd we will need to purchase fabric to finish the rest of the quilt

3rd we will need padding for the inside of the quilt

4th we will need someone to sew the 3 layers together, if you all agree my mum has offered to do this for jeds quilt but we will need others to sew the DOL quilts together

5th we will need to have someone to do the fine quilting either by hand or with a quilting machine , This is the hardest step and takes the longest if no one hear can do this we could look at raising some money to get it professionally quilted.

for the moment i think the squares should be our priority and we need to agree on a date to have the squares posted by, so that we can get them all made in time for the show