Dogzonline Project

Steve

It would be so very nice if you could post pics of your finished squares.

We could do that to

1. Share your piece of artwork

2. Provide others (who are craft-challenged, like me :)) with ideas.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You dont need to be able to sew or quilt to take part, if you go to a quilting / craft store and look at the hudreds of different pattened quilting fabric, pick one you like or represents you and ask for a fat quarter then all you have to do is take it home wash it, iron it, cut out a 61/2 inch square and sent it to me it really is esey :rofl:

Also i have to apologise to the person who sent me a PM about this last night i accidently deleted it Sorry :rofl: if you could sent it again i would really apreciate it thanks :D

Yippeeeeeee!, I don't have to hem them pesky little squares.

The ladies at the Russell Island Church have a clothes/brick-a-brack sale here every Saturday, they also have pieces of new material so I will buy (probably a dollar a piece!...O NO, that price is just too high! :rofl: ) some to go amongst the more decorative squares to set them off.

I'm all fired up now!

This one is easy :thumbsup:

The hardest part of this was the cutting!The cat cut out from quilting fabric ,used the iron on

bonding stuff and will hand sew around the cat.

An easy way to use any extra fabic is to out cut cereal bowl size circles and make non sew

lavender bags. :o Spotlight has some specials at the moment.

You dont need to be able to sew or quilt to take part, if you go to a quilting / craft store and look at the hudreds of different pattened quilting fabric, pick one you like or represents you and ask for a fat quarter then all you have to do is take it home wash it, iron it, cut out a 61/2 inch square and sent it to me it really is esey ;)

Also i have to apologise to the person who sent me a PM about this last night i accidently deleted it Sorry :o if you could sent it again i would really apreciate it thanks :)

Okay. I will ask for a fat quarter :thumbsup: and pray to god that they know what I am talking about :D

This one is easy ;)

The hardest part of this was the cutting!The cat cut out from quilting fabric ,used the iron on

An easy way to use any extra fabic is to out cut cereal bowl size circles and make non sew

lavender bags. :) Spotlight has some specials at the moment.

Do you mean you are handsewing a hem around the outside of the cat & then sewing that to the middle of a 6 & a half inch square? :thumbsup: If so, so, how does the cat stay a proper cat shape & not 'bunched up' looking? (non-crafty :o )

I am only half crafty bertie so anything I say on this thread is not gospel :rolleyes:

The cat is stuck on with the papery stuff you buy and just iron on to bond the two fabrics .

Then intend to over sew edge of cat to keep it secure .I have used it on shirts etc and sometimes I have not

sewn over or used fabric paint on edge yet still attached.

The most important thing is to pre wash fabric. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the non perfect craft works are the most charming . :confused:

Edited because I can not type well either ;)

Edited by Dodo

This one is easy ;)

lavender bags. :thumbsup: Spotlight has some specials at the moment.

That is lovely! That is something I'd like to do. :rolleyes:

seriously making a piece is EASY!

for the nervous novice pop into your local craft store and tell them what you are doing... you will be swamped with help!!!

sometimes i just cut out a picture that i like from a piece of fabric , use fusible webbing to stick it onto a backing square of fabric and then blanket stitch around the fused on piece... easy peasy.. you can fuse as many pieces onto one bacing piece just make sure that the exposed bits are blanket stitched either by hand or machine

H

post-199-1275161424_thumb.jpgpost-199-1275161436_thumb.jpgpost-199-1275161448_thumb.jpgpost-199-1275161459_thumb.jpg

This is the sort of thing I had in mind when we were putting together the quilting stuff for the craft exhibition. - look at this community quilt -

Edited by Steve

That's lovely. :bottom:

It would be better for us to define a colour then, as the main theme? And do the individual squares with a white background like this??

Would we all have access to a Spotlight? Then maybe we could purchase 1 individual square & 1 square for the theme, that way the theme squares should be available in all the Spotlight stores & we could get the bolt name/number/identifying whatever?

Would you have access to a Spotlight Steve? Could you define the theme for us & post the identifier?

That's lovely. :bottom:

It would be better for us to define a colour then, as the main theme? And do the individual squares with a white background like this??

Would we all have access to a Spotlight? Then maybe we could purchase 1 individual square & 1 square for the theme, that way the theme squares should be available in all the Spotlight stores & we could get the bolt name/number/identifying whatever?

Would you have access to a Spotlight Steve? Could you define the theme for us & post the identifier?

No I dont think so if we gather what ever each person feels they want to have in the quilt and then look at maybe borders and solids to break it up and decide on the best backing colour etc after we see what we have to work with I think that will work and I think that would be best.

Ok, so we are going with 61/2 inch squares which can be embroidered or just plain material with an appropriate message/sentiment.

Can we pin the contact details of where they need to be sent etc???

Edited by frufru