Who Takes Their Dog To Work With Them?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine come to work - however I kinda cheat because I work next door to home - so suppose I could fall into category of working from home....lol.

Although I do get to choose whether to take them with me when I also work away.

Kylie works with me and she brings her dog to work - she loves it.

:laugh: Meeeee .. Winnie gets to come to work, she can be a distraction for the staff :laugh: but she also generates business as she is very popular with the customers & locals :)

I have offered to bring my dogs to work with me so we don't need as much security ... but I think the boss was a little offended when I suggested we could use his office to set up the dog beds for the day.

So unfortunately they get left at home to look after the house for me while I am at work ...

We have taken our dogs to work with us for years and have a run behind our workshop. Our puppy and 3 year old come to work. Our 8 year old after my elderly mum moving in with us stayed home and made mum feel safe with him on duty and mum on her own, but strangely our older boy isn't interested in coming to work anymore............because he gets pats, cuddles and treats all day off mum, staying home for him was the better deal :)

I have on special occasions, but usually only for a few hours. I went to OH's work with them last weekend for a few hours and they were quite good, but Kivi got so many cuddles that he went into cuddle withdrawal and started whining if he'd been without cuddles for ten minutes.

Mine used to take turns in coming to work, I'd take a different one into the salon each day.

I can take them to work now if I need to and I did take one that was recovering from surgery a few weeks ago.

It's wonderful to be able to do that and beats worrying about them.

I wish mine could come with me but i work in the fruit and vege markets...not to hygenic i think if he came with me, though i have to say they arent supposed to smoke near the food either and they do that :/

I'd rather your dog near my fruit and veg than the smokers any day :) I work in childcare so can only take mine in for a visit if I'm not working. The kids love seeing them!

This is always a bit of a sore subject with me. Whilst I adore kiddies, I get a bit aggrieved sometimes when people bring their children in to work - and everyone is accepting, but if I fronted up with my lovely, well behaved little twosome..well, it wouldn't happen. Bit of a double standard I think.

There's so many benefits to having pets in a workplace. I know GOOGLE is an example of a progressive work environment big on the idea. I found an article about it here.

Benefits include:

- employees relax, reduce stress and heart rate and even lower blood pressure

- decrease in absenteeism

- improved staff morale

- people smile! (a real smile, not the plastic replica you'd normally get)

google-dog-712404576.jpg