Before And After

redangel

I couldn't help but notice how he likes to make the asses on the brides smaller and higher - just about every bride shot on his site has had some booty shrinkage.

my oh my, he sure does and the waists are thinner too.

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't help but notice how he likes to make the asses on the brides smaller and higher - just about every bride shot on his site has had some booty shrinkage.

and some boobage growth too!

edited to add they are brilliant photos. Great to see the before and afters.

Edited by becandcharch

Sorry but I think they are bullsh$t. I would be hoping that those brides asked for the "instant fat reduction" or I'd be peeved. On the chick in the desert setting, she looked fine before, his editing makes her look grossly thin. Also the chick in the long slim white gown. She had a nice figure before with nice hips and curves and then he made her practically anorexic! :shrug:

I agree she shot and composition are nice but the editing in some of them is plain ridiculous.

Sorry but I think they are bullsh$t. I would be hoping that those brides asked for the "instant fat reduction" or I'd be peeved. On the chick in the desert setting, she looked fine before, his editing makes her look grossly thin. Also the chick in the long slim white gown. She had a nice figure before with nice hips and curves and then he made her practically anorexic! :shrug:

I agree she shot and composition are nice but the editing in some of them is plain ridiculous.

The same thought crossed my mind at first but then I thought, brides look into their photographers pretty carefully. He's quite open about the changes he makes so I am assuming they're fully aware he can do that. If not, they probably wouldn't go to him. I would also imagine it's easy enough for him to change them back if they didn't like the treatment.

I definately agree that you would hope they asked for adjustments!

This part made me laugh

You should be able to look back on your photos and remember what colour your bridesmaids dresses were, what colour the flowers really were.

For that reason I try and keep all my editing looking subtle and as true to the real colour as possible, without filter-f%&@ing it over until it unrecognisable as colour ))

You should also be able to remember what you looked like!

I definately agree that you would hope they asked for adjustments!

This part made me laugh

You should be able to look back on your photos and remember what colour your bridesmaids dresses were, what colour the flowers really were.

For that reason I try and keep all my editing looking subtle and as true to the real colour as possible, without filter-f%&@ing it over until it unrecognisable as colour ))

You should also be able to remember what you looked like!

:shrug: I can imagine the bride and groom looking back on them later, and it wouldn't even need to be years later, just months and him thinking geeze, you've really let yourself go since then.

I definitely agree with recent posts, I don't find the body altering nice at all. Some were only very subtle but others over the top.

I think most looked just fine In their before, but I also think It's probably what the clients want otherwise I don't think he'd do It to that extent. A good photographer will work with their clients and know exactly what they're after and If they want to look like some airbrushed models that's up to them, he just delivers :shrug:

A woman at work whinged about her friend's bridal photos as they gave them all very tanned skin. She's pale and said the editing gave her a tan when she's happily pale. Some brides and groom may ask to be this edited though? He's taken about 10 or so kilos off the groom in one shot, not just thinned the brides.

Also, the girl on the dunes is a model, not a bride and models get touched up all the time (so to speak :shrug: ). He's increased her bust and given her a higher, curvier bum. He's a master of the liquify tool!

I do agree with him re the trends atm.

There has been a number of photo trends over the years. Selective colouring, cross-processing et-al. What seems to be in at the moment is vintage, desaturated colour. Trends date. The only thing that you your kids should look back on and say about your photos is how your clothing looked really old. (remember your parents wedding album with the chocolate pinstripe suits, the lace over every bare inch of flesh?)

and how skinny you were. :mad

Edited by Ripley

Sorry but I think they are bullsh$t. I would be hoping that those brides asked for the "instant fat reduction" or I'd be peeved. On the chick in the desert setting, she looked fine before, his editing makes her look grossly thin. Also the chick in the long slim white gown. She had a nice figure before with nice hips and curves and then he made her practically anorexic! :mad

I notice alot of the shots that were edited like that were teh ones for fashion shoots etc and the girls are models.

If you look at fashion mags the anorexic look is in

Hmm it would of be nice if he made me a bit thinner on my wedding photos though :shrug:

Edited by wagsalot

If you look at fashion mags the anorexic look is in

The Kate Moss heroin chic look was in in the early 90s. I don't usually look at fashion mags unless I'm at the hairdressers but didn't think the anorexic look was in?

But I don't think Kate Moss is too skinny these days either, she was back in the early 90s though.

Edited by Ripley

Just thought I would point out that the photographer has actually been in here and read this thread. :laugh:

General rule of thumb - models get photoshopped to the extreme, brides are handled very delicately and only basics or really obvious stuff should be altered.

Rules we go by; moles, scars etc get faded but NEVER removed. If it's a part of someone and permanent, it stays. Skin is softened for close ups and fine lines are removed but generally lines are left, they add character and life to a person.

I don't have an issue with his photoshop... it's quite good.

Here's one I did a while ago just for fun... (she's a model, so she gets edited)

4374649667_2d325d1414_o.jpg

Just thought I would point out that the photographer has actually been in here and read this thread. :laugh:

General rule of thumb - models get photoshopped to the extreme, brides are handled very delicately and only basics or really obvious stuff should be altered.

Rules we go by; moles, scars etc get faded but NEVER removed. If it's a part of someone and permanent, it stays. Skin is softened for close ups and fine lines are removed but generally lines are left, they add character and life to a person.

I don't have an issue with his photoshop... it's quite good.

Here's one I did a while ago just for fun... (she's a model, so she gets edited)

4374649667_2d325d1414_o.jpg

Wow, you've probably taken about 20kgs of her. I wish it was so easy in real life.

I don't think I would mind. I mean, don't take my size 12-14 self and whittle me down into a size 8 - but take away my pudge if it's overhanging :laugh: I probably wouldn't even notice unless I saw the original.