Of All The Cheaper Dry Dogfoods Which Is The Best?

I know that you get what you pay for and personally I feed BARF and Royal Canin but I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best of the cheaper brands??

Pedigree Natural, Supercoat, etc. etc.

Is there one that has meat as its first ingredient??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feed Uncle Albers ($27 / 22kg) and I find it to be very good. Nice shiny coats and lot less poos.

+1

+2

Another Uncle Albers and Great Barko fan here. My staffords' coats have never looked better since starting on this kibble.

Add me to the list.

Uncle Albers/Great Barko are the only things that keep weight on my greyhound in colder weather. The Staffords which are fed it (some have other stuff instead) are shiny and sleek looking and the American Cockers had great coats on it as well.

And I also recently found out that a lot of the local greyhound trainers feed their race/breeding dogs on it.

My Multi best of breed, reserve Best in Specialty Show winner is being fed........

(His latest best of breed win and 14 point cc was only yesterday. Tomorrow he turns 7 years old)

wait for it

supercoat

OMG

someone call the authorities

he does also get cheese, raw chicken mince, sardines

Edited by stonebridge

i've never heard of that uncle albers stuff raz is on Bonnie atm...its nothing special i only got it cause it was cheap :/ i live near rochedale produce so i might check out their stuff when this bag is finished

super coats main ingredient is meat, well its the first ingredient listed. Where as Bonnie has cereal.

Its also likely to be fresh meat as listed...which eans when it is dehydrated the meat content would actually be further down the list.

Not bashing supercoat -i still figure it's a matter of what suits your dog :eat:

I use supercoat...

One dog is nicely 'tubby' (not fat) and the other is a bit skinnier (but not unhealthy)... I assume the tubby one is stealing the skinny ones food, but in the end I feed supercoat and both are healthy, happy and full of energy.

Their coats are soft and silky and their eyes are shinny.

Just ensure their diet has heaps of bones in it and other yummy healthy things and you should be fine, whatever food you choose!

Goodluck!

Another Uncle Albers feeder here - my GSD does well on it, and our BC will go on it when he's a grown up if it doesnt upset his tum as he's a bit sensitive and is on Eukanuba Puppy at the moment. We get out UA from Caboolture Feedmania.