June Challenge - Anything Goes!

Ashanali

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the dandenongs to take birdie pics and play with my 50mm, then basically a play with the camera. Was fun, learnt about all white birds and exposure, the focus points of the 50mm. But in all I just had fun getting out of the house!

post-25842-1277539990_thumb.jpg

post-25842-1277540010_thumb.jpg

post-25842-1277540020_thumb.jpg

post-25842-1277540030_thumb.jpg

OH doesn't know I'm adding this, but he took me out to do some pregnancy shots today.

In the two photos below he was hoping to be the 'black fade out' look around the edges by changing his camera settings.. he was very happy with these, though he said my positioning wasn't fantastic... I wasn't a very willing model ;)

Not sure that he has photoshopped much, probably just removed a bra strap and such.

erin085.jpg

erin082copy.jpg

I took some photos at a christening today. It was hard - the church was really dark and I'm still not really familiar with my new camera. I'm really not happy with these, the ones in the church are noisy and blurry and the ones outside are overexposed :laugh: It was still fun taking photos of something different though - and it was my first time in a church ;)

4738204934_00b500f42a.jpg

4737569993_b6fb79dc6c.jpg

4737569949_94993c1173.jpg

4737569897_6bfcca8962.jpg

4737569759_0695ca4567.jpg

4738204600_9ac9dfc6da.jpg

Edited by huga

I haven't had the camera out for a couple of months, but took some pics recently.

During late May to last weekend there was the Vivid Sydney Light Festival. The Opera House sails had a laser light show set designed by Brian Eno (I think) and changed colour and design throughout the evening (sometimes during the exposure which made for some lurid colours). It started at 6pm each evening and it was already pitch dark then. Other buildings along Macquarie Street were also lit up. I dragged husband out and we went to The Rocks night markets and then he had to put up with me taking pics of the Opera House. I also went up to Macquarie Street after work one evening alone to take a photo of the blue arch and Cathedral.

Night photography is something I've only done once or twice before (when I arrived at a location too late). Here are few shots of Vivid Sydney anyway.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by Ripley

I took this today. After having barely touched a camera since late last year I thought I'd better get back into it. OH has bought a new camera so I figured I'd better show my appreciation by doing something with it. I am totally in love with it too!

I didn't have much time but I wanted to take a picture for a photo competition. Don't know if I'll enter this but it's the best of the few that I took today. My objective was to capture a moment from the life of somebody living in our multicultural Australia. In this case it's a lovely Sudanese refugee and his six month old son on their way home from church. I absolutely love the pinstripe suit jacket and gold watch! Gorgeous people! I think the eyes of the baby are a little bit dark - it's tough to get the skin tones correct when they are both so different.

4738447270_b7f2cd8e3f_b.jpg

Thanks Justice Shades - that shot of the trains and the wind turbines was taken at 80mph too <g>

Tonight's shot is from band practice today and i would have been delighted if this shot had been the result of a studio setup rather than a grab of them in the kitchen during a break from making loud music

270610jon068d.jpg

The moon this morning. I love moonlight, that's what made me grab my camera this morning. I was feeding the dogs their brekky in the dark and noticed the glow at the end of the house and just had to have a go. I dont have the right lens to get a good shot, I used my 70-200 but really need something a lot longer.

I was in manual and played around a bit with ISO, shutter speed and aperture. I needed a fast shutter speed cause it's hand held so it took a few goes to get this one. It's not great, over sharpened but the best I could do with what I have.

4740091580_da523c6f04.jpg

The moon this morning. I love moonlight, that's what made me grab my camera this morning. I was feeding the dogs their brekky in the dark and noticed the glow at the end of the house and just had to have a go. I dont have the right lens to get a good shot, I used my 70-200 but really need something a lot longer.

I was in manual and played around a bit with ISO, shutter speed and aperture. I needed a fast shutter speed cause it's hand held so it took a few goes to get this one. It's not great, over sharpened but the best I could do with what I have.

4740091580_da523c6f04.jpg

I love it Kirislin. :love:

I took this one on the dogs walk today.

I didn't think it would turn out very well. Birds and I don't mix when there is a camera involved. :rofl:

But I do like the way the feathers on the wings have turned out.

post-28840-1277721088_thumb.jpg

thanks guys, I've cropped it alot and brought the brightness down in editing. This is what it looks like straight out of camera, pretty ordinary.

4741586824_a87dddc9e5_b.jpg

Love the moon :)

I glanced up at it last night when I shoved the dogs out for their bed time wee. Thought about it for all of 10 seconds - it was so bloody cold!

LOL I was staring at the same moon! (I'm on the Peninsula too!). I took some shots too using my 200mm and mine are currently on my camera looking like your Kirislin! Must get them off and make my first post in here :rolleyes: