June Challenge - Anything Goes!

Ashanali

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, be kind cos I'm cheating a little here with already posted photos :laugh:

The first I had sworn that I wouldn't take until I had a decent camera. I wanted the try and capture the view and how beautiful it is in 'real life' but the first was just plain 'nice', not good enough really. Took on the critiques from teh lovely crew (you guys) and went and took it again.

First attempt:

JohnBrownLagoon5.jpg

Second attempt:

IMG_0424.jpg

Next my boy was puddlebusting down the park - I had initially intended on getting action shots of him on the swings in silhouette but he decided this was more fun, so I changed my mind to trying to capture the movement of the water, along with the fun 'vibe' of the play :rofl:

PuddleSplash.jpg

BigJump.jpg

will post more soon, trying to make up for lack of photos last month :heart:

I love the puddle shots. The water capture is great.

I was going for a dogs eye view of the babies showing how much they love each other by play fighting by laying on the ground to take the photo.

I did not get a nice teeth shot as they moved to quickly and for my efforts I had my head run into by Echo as she ran towards me.

She is not light anymore.

I did get the pre fight take off.

088.jpg

And I was also trying for some autumn shots with Echo.

198.jpg

190.jpg

Edited by Evolving

Have always wanted to take piccys of the morning dew as it hangs on the plants.

Attempt a. Not fussed about it, the dew isnt highlighted.

m_margie.jpg

Attempt b. I liked this one, especially the way the dew collects along the edges. Still dissatisfied, but encouraged.

m_2editleaves.jpg

Guest Kate_Summer

Wanted to capture the daylight 'reflecting' on my daughter, I quite like it although its a bit blurry 4668839004_52c8eba7b2_b.jpg

Guest Kate_Summer

Quite like this one - I was trying to get a nice close up while holding the rose. But what made the pic special was that while I focused on the rose I didnt know my daughter went in the background till I loaded the pic on my computer - it reminded me some kind on photography I have seen before, but would not have a clue what its called, if its called anything at all :thumbsup:4668819580_e9c42bd936_b.jpg

Well today my OH and myself went to the Barossa Valley and visited a few wineries. I had to pull over to get this shot. I stood in the middle of the road as OH watched out for oncoming cars :bottom:

I wanted to capture the unknown ahead as this road was long but I also wanted to capture the beauty and so I had to compose this shot standing in the middle of the road.

ETA - This was taken with my new 24-70mm

winery.jpg

Edited by Bellatrix

Guest Kate_Summer

Love it! Well done Bellatrix - I went into a nice part of our town one day to do a shot like this but couldnt do it, was bin day :rofl:

I saw Hector was sitting on this chair in the sun and was trying to get a picture of it.

At first I took a couple of shots through the window, but it just wasn't crisp enough.

I opened the door to walk outside and of course he comes running over, so I wait another 5 minutes and he gets back up.

I then quickly open the back door and just hold the camera out the door, so I don't actually go out and this is the picture I got!

I quite like it considering I wasn't actually looking through the camera when I took it :D

IMG_2032.jpg

Ok today was a day at the Zoo in the rain to see the new tiger cubs and Maili.

I was trying to take photos on manual, using manual focus and in RAW format. All things I don't do.

4674450198_b3d8d8a9b8.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8916.jpg

128.jpg

Edited by Evolving

Great tiger photos! :rolleyes:

Quick add. I went to the Werribee Open Range Zoo the other day, and here are some photos.

Basically, I was trying on manual instead of auto, and in some dodgy lighting. :rofl:

post-28840-1275812189_thumb.jpg