June Challenge - Anything Goes!

Ashanali

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with them, especially since they were a 30 second effort.

I love the landscape one Ash. I really like the 'sunburnt country' vibe it has going on :)

First time poster here I hope you dont mind me joining in :birthday:

After getting a new camera and having a play around with it I sorta feel comfortable posting these 2 I like the stormy skys in the one with the jetty I was trying to capture the skys and the look of travelling down the bridge.

With the Waiting lady I was trying for some night shots, I really like the lights and the look over town (this one is a gift that we have been give judges that come from over east to judge at our shows) :rofl:

post-5690-1276047522_thumb.jpg

post-5690-1276047708_thumb.jpg

Two images from me :o

The first one is from the biggest/oldest tree in NZ on the south island. It's 10m in circumference. I wanted to capture the "Life lines" in a tree that is a thousand years old. The details of the bark... not sure if I captured that or not...

redbubble_tks2.jpg?t=1276129387

This is one of my favourite subjects - Crabs! I love love love love crabs! and Soldier Crabs are one of my favourites around. I wanted to capture his colour and his regalness before he retreated! (Soldier crabs are not very brave!)

redbubble_tks1.jpg?t=1276129389

Huga - yes.

Ok good. But they aren't very sharp and I'm pretty sure the flare across Ed's face isn't the desired outcome :)

You're right. Some people will put their hand up and block the sun while they focus then when the focus is locked they take their hand away. You could try that to get a sharper image.

Ok, I'm joining in..................

I am a COMPLETE photography novice.

I know NOTHING about how to use the manual settings on ym camera or how to photoshop.

So these are straight out of my camera and have not been touched up AT ALL.

After viewing some of your wonderful photo's I thought I might try and learn something about my camera though as it is quite a good one.

So here goes:

My old horse BEAR at play:

IMG_2243.jpg

On our fence post last summer:

2004_1210Image0012.jpg

Scenery around Marysville pre-fires.

honeymoon034.jpg

honeymoon018.jpg

Huga - yes.

Ok good. But they aren't very sharp and I'm pretty sure the flare across Ed's face isn't the desired outcome :)

You're right. Some people will put their hand up and block the sun while they focus then when the focus is locked they take their hand away. You could try that to get a sharper image.

Oooh ok, thanks :(

Huga - yes.

Ok good. But they aren't very sharp and I'm pretty sure the flare across Ed's face isn't the desired outcome :(

Oooh ok, thanks :laugh:

It's clearly an orb anyway Huga.... Haunted house. :)

I know I'm being boring posting another dog picture but I seriously can't be arsed at the moment and OH still hasn't bought himself a new camera so I only have mine at night time.

This is Dashby dressed in the coat he wears at night. My object was to catch him sitting still which is no mean feat but I think I got it. It's too yellow but I don't have good enough editing software to fix it at the moment. He also looks like he has his lip pierced. :) I do like his expression though. Taken with a 50mm 1.8.

4671748348_90e3caeae4.jpg