Show Shoes

Hey guys

I normally wear my sneakers when I show or work slip ons.. but I'm going to buy myself a pair a 'show shoes' today and was pondering what to get.

I want comfort, stability while still being pretty..

Are laces better? or velcro or other?

And are any colours better than others do you think?

Sketchers have some great looking shoes with knobbly rubber soles, also some of the sketcher looking golf shoes are awesome.

I have a pair of rivers lace ups with really grippy rubber knobbly soles and they have lasted for years.

fifi

Just my own experience, but I LOVE my Skechers - I have a few pairs in various colours now. Comfortable, not too bulky but a bit more 'dressy' than your average sneakers. Not cheap, but shop around - there are a couple of online shops where you can find great shoes at great prices!

Again personal preference, but I prefer no laces - no chance they can come undone then! :birthday: I have velcro straps and straight elasticised pull-ons, both work fine.

Happy shoe shopping!! :rofl:

Definitely don't do laces. I did once and my Golden stepped on the end and it came undone when we first went in and I spent the whole time in the ring hoping I wouldn't fall over. I did try after my turn to do them up but he kept licking me and I couldn't do it. :birthday:

I show big dogs & do alot of running.My current pair of show shoes are homey peds,

I also have flat feet so quality for me is a must & these make all that show day standing/running a pleasure.

I prefer no laces/velcro (the velcro dont fit my feet so i end up with stacks of left over stuff flapping about,yes you could get it shortened but would prefer to just get shoes that fit well first go)

Many do wear the Sketchers but they dont fit my skinny feet well

I bought a pair of Rivers sneakers with velcro on them, absolute rubbish, they kept undoing when i ran and i seen another exhibitor with the same shoes on, running around for BIS and one shoe comes flying off! She still won BIS though LOL but now i stick with slip ons that fit tight and have some grip on the bottom. Some surfaces are fine to run on like KCC Park indoors and Bulla indoors but at the Royal, running on ashphalt you can lose your grip.

Well I looked.. I found some skechers that seem nice.. don't have normal laces but little looped over elastic lace things on the top.. they are on sale and they have them in a browny colour and black.. can't decide which would be better..

I have these in gold, white and a black pair they are the best! Loves them! :birthday:

I suffer from Plantar Faciitis at times, so I need excellent support. I bought a black pair of Brooks sneakers. I think they were walking shoes or something. They are actually a mans shoes because my feet are an odd size. They look fine, just a black lace up leather shoe, but they are SOOOOO comfy and I can wear them all day without a twinge from my feet. Best $200 I have ever spent on shoes. I tell you though that I nearly keeled over when I saw the price tag in the shop. But when you have odd feet, your choices can be limiting.

.gif

Edited by Rysup

I have a similar pair of Sketchers to the black pair but mine are velcro. The inner souls also are removable as I wear orthotics so thats great and hard to find. I got mine at DFO at Homebush Bay near where I work. I love em.

I need laces on my sketchers / sneaker things, or I just run straight out of the elastic or velcros !

I have dead flat skinny feet as well, and need the tight support laceups give me. Plus I have had ACL & kneejoint injuries as a teen and have to feel good grip or over I go.

fifi

Does anyone know of somewhere overseas to buy skechers? I was a size 9.5, but Australia only seems to bring in full sizes. The 9 is just a little bit too tight and the 10's are too big.

I'd love to know of somewhere overseas where I could buy a 9.5!

Rockport have some gorgeous shoes as do Merrell.

Absolutely LUUURVE my Merrells

here is a link to their US website. You can get them in Oz - there is a whole store in Sydney now (pity I don't live there). I have narrow feet - they fit me.

http://www.merrell.com/us/en-us/Home.mvc.aspx

Does anyone know of somewhere overseas to buy skechers? I was a size 9.5, but Australia only seems to bring in full sizes. The 9 is just a little bit too tight and the 10's are too big.

I'd love to know of somewhere overseas where I could buy a 9.5!

I have this problem in Australia too - with my Merrell's. I am a 6.5 most of the time. I often buy my on ebay. There are some good stores on there - good to deal with. You often get end of season stock they want to get rid of really cheap - and the great thing is the end of the US season, is the start of ours, so you get current fashion quite cheap.